Jobversity is a new initiative of Upwardly Global aimed at achieving sustainable scale through a social enterprise model targeting systems level change. Through Jobversity, UpGlo is delivering digital learning tools and expertise to empower immigrant and refugee job seekers, and the organizations that serve and hire them. Our products and services expand knowledge about the U.S. job search process, professional culture, and soft skills, to build towards a diverse and inclusive workforce. Currently, Jobversity is slated to undergo a content and UX/UI audit so that it can be best positioned to become a solution in addressing barriers to thousands of immigrant and refugee job seekers.
You are the ideal candidate if you thrive in a dynamic, creative environment and mix fun with rolling your sleeves up and getting a lot of great work done. Comfortable with ambiguous situations, you will collaborate with the organizational leadership to refine, advance, manage, and execute on UpGlo’s Jobversity program. This role is expected to be hands-on and balance the strategic with the tactical while overseeing the full range of start-up functions including: operations, learning and development, and external relations. You possess strong interpersonal skills, empathy for others, and thrive at building solid relationships based on trust The role reports directly to the VP of Programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1) Business Growth:
- Working alongside organizational leadership and expert consultants, oversee the content and UX/UI audit and create a work plan and go-to-market strategy to scale project. Assess partnership engagements and products against effectiveness measures with the intent to forward our mission and vision – fully integrating talented newcomers into the U.S. workforce
- Set and work towards a national revenue goal for partnerships (inclusive of earned revenue and philanthropic dollars secured through partnership engagement).
- Lead business development by identifying new leads, pitching Jobversity products and services, and maintaining fruitful relationships with existing clients.
2) Product Development:
- Implement strategy for growth, engage both internal and external stakeholders to achieve Jobversity’s mission and next level of impact.
- Drive product development and in partnership with the CEO and VP of Programs regularly refine Jobversity’s product vision as a result of frequent interactions with customers, and feedback from impact metrics.
- Oversee operational planning and ensure the successful implementation of product and service delivery.
- Oversee the Jobversity website and management tools to ensure consistent execution, quality proposals, strong messaging and accurate tracking and invoicing
- Ensure accurate and consistent collection of data; prioritize the evaluation of service offerings and program efforts; use metrics to make decisions regarding the development of new products and services.
3) Team building and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Coach a dynamic team;
- Keep stakeholders informed and engaged;
- Build and maintain a strong brand through thought leadership and relationship management activities, including speaking at industry events, consulting services to partners, writing blog posts, and engaging/networking with clients, partners or co-workers.
- Positively position Jobversity in the workforce system, technology for good space, and amongst employers.
4) Financial and Contractual Management:
- Maintain oversight of all operational functions with a view to driving efficiency, impact and collaboration; ensure compliance with all regulatory, legal, and funding requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Master’s degree a plus
- 7 to 10 years of work experience in workforce development, product design and development, technology
- Demonstrated analytical skills, ability to size and assess market opportunity for developing and launching a sustainable business model
- Ability to work collaboratively across a diverse organization and ability to move seamlessly from strategy to implementation and execution
- Must understand the interface of program and technology and be able to make operational recommendations based on technology-enabled solutions
- Strong and demonstrated project management skills required. Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple priorities and deadlines is mandatory
- Demonstrated financial and budgetary management is required
- Ability to manage and grow multiple streams of sustainable funding while managing a positive return on investment is required
- Ideal candidate must demonstrate sound judgment and ability to develop a deep knowledge of the immigrant integration and/or workforce development field
- Social entrepreneurship experience highly desired
- Proven ability to develop, build, and manage relationships and partnerships across a variety of sectors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong presentation skills Experience in designing and delivering training for diverse audiences
- Working knowledge of SalesForce is required
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- No heavy lifting is required for this role.
- Requires the ability to travel locally and regionally and nationally; travel up to 25%.
- Must be available to occasionally work evening and/or weekend events.