1616 P Street NW
Food & Water Watch is a leading national consumer advocacy organization that runs dynamic, cutting edge organizing campaigns challenging the corporate control and abuse of our food and water resources. Since 2005, we have won significant victories to protect our food and water. Our work has been featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, and other major media outlets.
Reporting to the Regional Director of Development for the East Coast, and working closely with the Director of Individual Giving, Director of Development, and Senior Leadership, the Individual Giving Manager, East Coast plays a key role on our national major giving team and is responsible for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors ($2,500+ annually) in the region.
The Individual Giving Manager is instrumental in establishing, implementing and promoting the goals of Food & Water Watch, raising funds and cultivating relationships with significant prospects and donors. The Individual Giving Manager travels within the region, up to 50 percent of the time, to meet with donors and prospects, with a primary focus on the southeastern United States.
- Work closely with the Regional Director of Development, East Coast to manage the major gifts program for the east coast, supervising annual gifts of $2,500 and above. Special attention by the Individual Giving Manager will be paid to building support in Virginia, Maryland and other southeastern states.
- Establish and maintain a donor cultivation cycle and gift stewardship program to ensure that new major donors are developed, have opportunities to increase their level of support annually, and enjoy a close relationship to the organization.
- Prepare written materials, including correspondence, solicitation materials, acknowledgements, and reports as part of the stewardship program.
- Coordinate and create a plan for major gifts’ cultivation and recognition events throughout the east coast region.
- Assist with the planning of a major fundraising benefit for Food & Water Watch to be held in New York City.
- Identify prospects and perform baseline prospect research, work with the Prospect Research and Portfolio Coordinator to qualify potential major donors as necessary.
- Maintain a working knowledge of FWW national campaign priorities, with specific attention paid to efforts in relevant areas.
- Work with Regional Director of Development, East Coast to establish budget goals and strategies to reach them. Provide regular analysis and reporting on progress toward goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes 100% employer paid medical/dental/long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan, and generous paid leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link:
Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and differently-abled people to apply.