Details: $20-25/hr depending on experience
CorStone is a Baltimore, Maryland-based non-profit that empowers girls, women and youth in developing countries (www.corstone.org). We conduct resilience programs, helping people learn how to bounce back from challenges and grow from them.
We're seeking a Curriculum and Training Associate to assist us in adapting our evidence-based Youth First and Girls First curricula for scale-up throughout government schools in Bihar, India. The programs will be conducted by schoolteachers among middle school students, and will eventually reach 2-3 million students per year.
You would work under the direction of our Curriculum and Training Specialist to make changes to curriculum manuals and training materials, as required, for this scale-up. The consultant's major role will be clean up, packaging, and impeccable presentation of content (please note that we are not looking for someone to help generate a lot of content - we have a lot of content sources already!).
Here's what we need:
- Whiz at working in Word, Powerpoint, and Google Docs. Ready to do battle with some bizarrely and complexly formatted documents, weird fonts, etc. etc.
- Ready to adapt presentations and curricula to CorStone style and branding.
- Perfect grammar/spelling and great copy-editing skills. Much of our content will be contributed by those whose first language is not English. It will need to be cleaned up.
- Attention to detail in terms of editing AND formatting documents. No need to be a visual designer, but the final product must be polished and clean, free of any typos or formatting issues.
- Ready to work on some tedious stuff. We won't mince words here. We do think our content is interesting subject matter, but there will be a lot of repetition in terms of formatting and cleaning up documents.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently.
- 100% comfortable with working remotely. None of our US-based staff works in an in-person office. You'll have to be ready to work on your own! (Though if you're located in or near San Francisco, CA, San Antonio, TX, or Baltimore, MD, you'll be close enough to US-based staff to do some work in person if you wish.)
- Able to work with a fast-paced global team. For example: comfortable navigating different time zones, odd hours for meetings, following what is going on via our project management software, participating in conference calls/web meetings, coordinating with multiple contributors around the world on key documents, etc.
- Experience in international development, particularly India, is desirable, but not mandatory. A willingness and excitement for learning about this sector IS mandatory!
- Experience in psychology and/or with the concepts of resilience is also desirable, but not mandatory. A willingness and excitement for learning about them IS mandatory!
The work starts immediately and we anticipate approximately 20 hours/week. Pay is $20-$25/hr, depending on experience.
Interested? Please get in touch ASAP. Thanks!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Kate Leventhal at kates@corstone with the words "Curriculum and Training Associate" in the subject line. You may also send samples of your work on curricula or trainings, if available.