Vice President, Development & Partnerships (Department Head)
- Job posted by Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives
Details: Commensurate with experience.
1330 Braddock Place, Suite 300
Reports to President & CEO
We’re seeking a driven fundraising and development leader with a successful track record in national associations and/or non-profits. This is a highly visible, externally facing role in our mission-focused association. If you are motivated by exceeding goals and view development as equal parts relationship building and providing exceptional member experience and value, we’re looking for you.
This position is responsible for a large and growing segment of the organization’s funding, with responsibility for upwards of $1 million a year in revenue generation. This individual sits on the senior leadership team of ACCE and plays a strong role in strategy and management for the entire association.
What you’re seeking in your next position…
ACCE is embarking on a new strategic plan, which affords this person the opportunity to not only help revamp development strategy and re-energize member retention and recruitment plans, but also play a role in crafting the future of the association.
If you’re enthusiastic about fundraising, the opportunity to set strategy, build strong ROI for diverse stakeholders, as well as conduct hands-on prospecting, member recruitment and partnership development – this is a role you will enjoy.
Your skills and background
- Experience developing and implementing sponsorship sales plans with increasing revenue, and expenses managed in a cost-effective manner
- Team player with a collaborative spirit, flexible mindset and strong work ethic
- Results driven, thrives on setting - then exceeding - team goals
- Exceptional customer-service focus
- Adept at prioritizing and time management when there are competing priorities
- Presence and professional demeanor: relatable to small members as well as CEOs of major corporations
- Coach, elevate, develop and empower staff, with a collaborative management style
- Integrity: honest, transparent and possesses the highest ethical standards
- Build and maintain trust with a wide variety of partners and stakeholders
- Leverage data analytics for membership decision making
- Solutions orientation and problem-solving ability
- Able to motivate and manage volunteers
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills spanning a full range of abilities:
> Compelling written communications
> Deliver powerful presentations to diverse audiences
> Likeable and enjoy building relationships
> Make asks, close deals and negotiate persuasively
- Thrives as a self-starter
- Enjoys innovation and tracking best practices in fundraising and membership
- Inclusive: experience working with diverse groups and promoting diversity
- Minimum bachelor’s degree and 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in foundation fundraising and/or grant writing, a plus
- Responsible for the full life-cycle of a sponsor: prospecting, proposal customization and presentation, contract creation and servicing, sponsor support and relationship management
- Attract new sponsors and retain existing partners
- Evaluate and structure development plan
- Expand current sponsorship offerings which include year-long engagement, event-based sponsorship and sponsorship of networks and services
- Must be comfortable building relationships and working with partners which range in size from small, entrepreneurial start-ups to Fortune 100 companies
Convention, Exhibitors, Partnerships & Project-based Fundraising:
- Manage and grow robust sponsorship opportunities for annual convention which gathers more than 1,000 chamber professionals
- Work in conjunction with team members to attract, retain and service 90+ convention exhibitors
- Develop creative advertising opportunities for communication vehicles including website, app, and social media platforms
- Other fundraising initiatives may be developed as part of the portfolio for this position
- Work cross-functionally to build member recruitment and retention strategies
- Evaluate and reconfigure membership benefits to improve value proposition for diverse members spread across the U.S. and in international markets
- Work in conjunction with membership sales staff to recruit high-level prospects
- Represent ACCE at select industry conferences and other events in a networking and/or presentation capacity
Support and manage a high-performing team including a sales professional and a relationship coordinator. As a member of the association’s senior leadership team, this person is involved in a host of management and leadership roles outside of the job function. This individual manages departmental budgeting and financial reporting, engages in cross-functional team activities, and writes and delivers select governance reports.
ACCE supports the critical role the business community plays in building strong, vibrant regions. If you’re passionate about helping us and our members achieve that goal, we want you on our team.
ACCE is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or veteran status.
Compensation & Benefits
ACCE boasts competitive salaries and is conveniently located near the Braddock Metro Station. In addition to covered paid parking or a metro stipend, ACCE offers a host of excellent benefits which include medical, dental, 401k, life and disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, standard holidays, professional development and opportunities for a flexible work schedule which may include remote and teleworking.
This position offers a bonus/commission structure.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near vision, mid-range vision, depth perception, color vision, and ability to change focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate a computer including performing actions with repetitive motions. Approximately 70% of time is spent looking at a computer screen.
This position requires travel – both by airplane and automobile - between 20-40% of the time.
About the Organization
Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) is a century old professional society supporting the women and men who lead local, regional, statewide and international chambers of commerce and similar business and economic development organizations. Our membership includes more than 1,500 such entities worldwide. We provide our members with information and best practice resources, education programs, original research, benchmarking, thought leadership, retirement security, and access to a network of peers. More information at: www.acce.org.
Commitment to Inclusion: ACCE seeks to increase diversity and inclusion throughout the chamber movement. The board of directors adopted this commitment statement: For the betterment of the association, chamber leaders and the communities they serve, ACCE will champion access and equity of opportunity through intentional inclusion of all.
Minimum Education Required