Program Assistant, Secondary School Exchange Programs
1828 L Street NW
Flsa Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Band: 2 Assistant/ Associate
The Program Assistant is a full-time position that provides administrative support for the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) program and other high school programs in the secondary school division. The position reports to the YES Manager (Inbound) and works as part of the YES and YES Abroad team. Responsibilities necessitate that some work be performed during non-business hours such as weekends, early mornings and/or evenings, particularly in March, June, and August.
- Contribute to the social media presence of the YES and YES Abroad Program on multiple social media platforms;
- Review scholarship applications received from YES partner organizations for completeness and accuracy, and preparing them to send to YES placement organizations;
- Process applications after evaluation and selection, including data entry, scanning or copying, filing and shipping;
- Update applicant data in the programs’ web databases;
- Facilitate the health screening process by acting as a mediator between field staff and health professionals;
- Facilitate file movement through the health review process;
- Track expenses and prepare finance reports and check requests;
- Prepare bulk mailings for students on program;
- Provide back –up to student support liaison on placement and health emails;
- Write, edit, and assist in compiling program materials and reports to funder;
- Assists students as they travel to and from the airport, to include early morning, late evening, and weekend shifts;
- Assist YES Program Officer in arranging hotels and transportation for student orientations, workshops, and large events;
- Assist other program staff, as requested; and
- Score English language tests, when necessary;
- Other duties, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English required, knowledge of second language preferred;
- Experience working with international exchange programs;
- Demonstrated organizational ability, flexibility, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities quickly and effectively;
- Ability to work independently while contributing to an overall team effort;
- Demonstrated attention to detail in a repetitive, clerical, and deadline-oriented work environment;
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment under pressure;
- Financial management skills, including financial tracking;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Computer skills, including strong knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Strong commitment to the mission.
Applications will start to be reviewed on a rolling basis; applications received by March 26 will be prioritized.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Select this link and follow the prompts: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/index.php?/job/apply&clientkey=58AA089E0E2C786B7FE4217373F3BCBD&job=9123&jpt=
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
American Councils is committed to taking affirmative steps to enhance employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities, and strives to ensure that meaningful employment and promotional opportunities are maintained for everyone. American Councils’ commitment to equal employment opportunity is based not only on federal requirements, but also on a longstanding commitment to maintaining a diverse workforce reflective of the communities in which we operate.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.