What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $22 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 36 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 state and Puerto Rico. Visit us at www.lisc.org
The LISC Virginia program has experience developing the infrastructure of this broad variety of local, community-based organizations by providing technical and financial assistance - building capacity, sharing best practices, and providing project investments to support local solutions to community needs.
LISC Virginia is seeking a skilled and experienced professional to advance our work through fundraising and communications. Working across Central Virginia. the Program Officer will identify, research, and cultivate new funding sources and write grant applications; enhance LISC Virginia’s recognition and media, including social media, presence; and help develop programs consistent with emerging priorities in the LISC Virginia strategic plan and the LISC National strategic framework, including programs that promote diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ). The successful candidate will have familiarity with the field and LISC’s programmatic work sufficient to help attract new funders and investors to support expansion of LISC’s programs. The successful candidate should have experience in fundraising and external communications.
Principal areas of responsibility will include:
- Identify, research, and cultivate potential new sources of support for LISC Virginia, including government, philanthropic, and private corporate) sources for LISC’s work, including affordable housing development, capacity-building for community development corporations, financial literacy, community economic development, and programs that build DEIJ.
- Create, track, and regularly evaluate an annual fundraising plan to track dollars received and pending, and to ensure each program is sufficiently resourced.
- Write grant applications and reports and supporting materials, and communicate to Program Officer (POs) about grant commitments, expectations, and activities.
- Develop and execute a communications plan to raise LISC’s profile among funders and partners. This should include improving and driving traffic to the website, improving the e- newsletter, and developing a regular social media presence.
- Create regular content for the LISC VA website, social media accounts, and e-mail platform.
- Assist POs in developing communication materials for respective programs, to include webinar presentations and program flyers.
- Design collateral materials as needed for marketing, reporting, etc.
- Coordinate and develop annual impact reports to capture the achievements of the office. Work in coordination with Program Officers to gather program related stories and data.
- Plan and execute fundraising and other special events
- Assist with program development consistent with the LISC Virginia Strategic Plan and LISC National Strategic Framework.
- Help identify and manage key relationships with public and private partners. Work closely with City and State partners in the development of projects and programs.
- Work with LISC VA staff to develop, launch and manage new programmatic initiatives.
- Work closely with community-based organizations to build capacity and provide fundraising technical assistance related to LISC’s housing and community economic development initiatives.
- Track progress on funding, communications, and programmatic milestones. Conduct research, and gather and analyze data that supports organizational and programmatic outcomes. Prepare, monitor, and track performance and outcomes of grant recipients and borrowers.
- Assist with communication efforts to highlight program successes.
- Coordinate and work with LISC National development and communications staff to ensure LISC VA is aware of new practices and competitive for internal funding opportunities.
- Prepare reports as required by funders and grant deliverables and maintain master calendar of reporting requirements
Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in fundraising and/or communications, preferably in the non-profit sector, and community development, affordable housing development, DEIJ, or related fields,.
- Demonstrated experience developing annual fundraising plans and strategies.
- Proven record of writing successful grants, for governments, foundations and corporate and institutional funding sources.
- Demonstrated knowledge developing communication plans and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience creating content for website, social media, and email.
- Keen understanding of neighborhood revitalization and/or economic opportunity issues; familiarity with Virginia’s urban neighborhoods preferred.
- Ability to strategically implement LISC’s program goals.
- Work simultaneously on multiple tasks and projects, set priorities and coordinate with multiple internal and external parties to meet project guidelines.
- Work effectively collaboratively with others and independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in Salesforce or other CRM databases.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud or other graphic design programs, preferable.
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter to: email@example.com
No telephone calls please.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION & JUSTICE