Details: Starting salary will be dependent upon experience
4649 Sunnyside Avenue North
About Tilth Alliance
Tilth Alliance was formed in 2016 from the merger of three organizations, Tilth Producers, Seattle Tilth, and Cascade Harvest Coalition, each with a long history of supporting a healthy local food culture. With a mission to build an ecologically sound, economically viable and socially equitable food system in Washington state, Tilth Alliance offers:
- Science-based experiential education designed to expand understanding of how food is grown, distributed, and prepared, as well as the impact of the food system on environmental, community and individual health;
- Peer-to-peer learning, networking, technical expertise, and resources to foster thriving, successful farm businesses that promote sustainable practices and support consumption of local, seasonal food; and
- Food access programs that demonstrate the promise of a sustainable and just local food culture.
Tilth Alliance is committed to a future in which we support and amplify the work of the many urban and rural stakeholders involved in Washington’s food system. We envision a network of resilient farmers and engaged consumers who are contributing to the health of the environment, communities, individuals and the region.
JOB Announcement – CFGR Manager
The Corporate Foundation and Government Relations Manager (CFGR) will work across the organization to build systems, identify strategic opportunities, establish priorities, and implement plans to build relationships with and successfully solicit current and prospective corporate, foundation and government funders.
This position will lead efforts in Tilth Alliance to maintain and expand our portfolio of government and foundation grants and contracts, as well as corporate partnerships that include event and program sponsorships, publication and electronic ad sales, and trade show sales. They will work with program, advancement and finance staff to acquire new funding while successfully stewarding current funders. This position will directly supervise a part-time or contract grant writer, and will report to the Sr Director of Advancement.
The successful candidate will be detail oriented, able to quickly assess needs and determine action, and have a proven record of working well with people from a variety of racial, cultural, and economic backgrounds. Outstanding, thoughtful and strategic verbal, written, organization and systems-thinking skills are essential. The ideal candidate will have experience leading and implementing strategies to establish, cultivate and steward organizational donors, along with a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed revenue and engagement targets. The ability to establish and maintain successful and productive relationships both internally and externally will be key.
Corporate Foundation Government Support Planning and Tracking– 20%
- Create an annual operating and budget plan and three- to five-year strategies to maintain and expand relationships with decision makers and increase revenue through foundation grants, corporate partnerships and government grants and contracts. Manage the action steps and results from these efforts.
- Using appropriate tools and metrics, track revenue generation throughout the year and provide regular projections against goal, with a strong emphasis on working towards the accuracy of revenue projections.
- Working with program, finance and advancement staff lead efforts and develop tools that ensure outstanding grants and contract research, cultivation, solicitation, acceptance, tracking, and stewardship.
- Revenue Generation – 70%
- Lead program staff and writer/researcher in the development of annual funding plans including action steps needed to engage government, corporate and foundation stakeholders on a year-round basis, and to secure additional financial support for the organization.
- Manage, facilitate and supervise activities related to proposal generation, renewals, prospecting, reporting and stewardship.
- Write proposals, partnership agreements, briefing papers, sponsorship packages, etc.
- Work with program staff to prepare for and facilitate site visits with corporate, foundation and government partners.
- Develop, manage, evaluate and refine a revenue development process to prospect, request, acquire, and manage grants, contracts and sponsorship relationships.
- Create and manage the CFGR team revenue and expense budget each fiscal year.
Team Leadership – 10%
- Create and oversee the implementation of project specific cross functional teams (program staff, grant writer, communications staff, and finance staff) to support the acquisition and management of individual grants, contracts and partnerships.
- Manage the day-to-day work of a part-time writer/researcher.
- Foster creative thinking and facilitate future partnerships with existing and new government, foundation and corporate sponsors.
- Work with Tilth Alliance leadership to manage strategic government, foundation and corporate stakeholder engagement and stewardship on an on-going basis.
- Participate in management team meetings to facilitate cross department collaboration.
- Four years’ experience in resource development in nonprofit or public organizations
- An understanding of the importance of stewardship, and experience developing and implementing stewardship and relationship management plans.
- Two or more years’ experience in a leadership or supervisory role, or demonstrated ability to take on leadership/supervisory responsibilities.
- Experience working in or volunteering for an organization with a mission that prioritizes equity.
- Effective and enthusiastic relationship builder both internally and externally.
- Experienced and comfortable in a public speaking role.
- Experience building a grants tracking system and integrating it with financial systems and CRM software.
- Ability to write quickly and in a compelling way for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to think strategically with proven ability to execute on plan.
- Ability to take initiative and be creative in thinking and solutions.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and change with a positive outlook.
- Experience managing expectations of internal team members and a strong desire and aptitude to be a part of a team environment.
- Ability to negotiate various internal and external interests and tasks simultaneously as well as manage other duties.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships at all levels in corporate, government and foundation portfolios.
- Commitment to excellence and the mission of Tilth Alliance.
This is a full-time, exempt position that requires willingness to work some evenings and weekends, as well as occasional travel throughout the state. Starting salary will be dependent upon experience. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401K (not matched), paid time-off and sick leave.
Women, people of color, and individuals from under-represented communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Employment at Tilth Alliance is based upon individual qualifications without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Tilth Alliance is committed to fostering a fair and equitable work environment to all employees.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a letter of interest and resume as one document in PDF or Word format outlining 1) your experience with the requirements listed above and 2) why you are interested in this position. Email all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "CFGR Manager Application.” Applications will be reviewed as received and interviews will begin immediately.