Details: Salary commisurate with experience
17 N. State St. #650
The mission of the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago (EFGC) is to lead the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures, and save lives.
The Foundation accomplishes its mission through education, counseling, casework, vocational assistance, advocacy, research, information and referral, support groups, parent groups and self-help groups.
General Duties: Responsibilities include offering a comprehensive range of office and community-based services for people with epilepsy and their families including case management interventions, counseling services, and supportive programs.
1. Participate in client telephone intake system, including screening of incoming client calls, provision of information about epilepsy, gathering essential information about potential clients, setting up appointments, etc. This includes completing all related intake documentation.
2. Provide education/information about epilepsy and related topics, both to assigned clients and to others in the community who request it.
3. Perform assessment of client's social history, medical history, needs, strengths and preferences and other appropriate information prior to providing counseling or case management.
4. Formulate, with the client, an individualized Care Plan for appropriate clients, including regularly required reviews, as well as other required documentation of services provided.
5. Provide crisis intervention to assigned clients, as needed.
6. Meet regularly with clients and/or their families and significant others to discuss client's needs and preferences, and possible options for meeting them.
7. Refer/link clients to other EFGC programs, as necessary, including collaboration with others providing services on Care Plans and selected interventions.
8. Refer/link clients to appropriate external providers of services identified in the Care Plan that cannot be provided by EFGC.
9. Assist client in managing/coordinating care from multiple service providers.
10. Serve as liaison to EFGC support groups, as assigned.
11. Provide advocacy and related information when a client requests such help due to discrimination related to his/her epilepsy.
12. Coordinate and implement Signature Care programs as assigned. Measure effectiveness of programs and incorporate changes as needed.
13. Complete regular documentation of services provided, as well as other required paperwork in a timely and efficient manner. This includes maintenance of all client case records per agency policy.
14. Outreach to potential referral sources in the community including, medical, other social services providers, community organizations, etc.
15. Become and maintain CPR and First Aid certification.
16. Attend and participate in all required staff meetings.
17. Participate in staff development activities, including internal case presentations and outside conferences/learning opportunities. Share information gathered at outside seminars with other staff.
18. Follow all Agency policies & procedures
19. Field Travel Required
20. Other Duties as Assigned
EFGC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or gender.
Health insurance including eye and dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, 403(b) with employer match, transit benefit, and generous paid time off policy.
Level of Language Proficiency
Requirements: Minimum Bachelors degree in human services (Masters preferred, licensed or license eligible) with related experience. Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrated knowledge/skills needed to work successfully with persons with disabilities. Specific job assignment may involve providing services in the community and thus, would require possession of a valid drivers' license, an automobile and appropriate insurance coverage.
We are seeking candidates with proficiency speaking Spanish and/or Polish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to either firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (312) 939-0391.