FUNCTION: The Finance Manager is responsible for assigned accounting/finance functions. Provides back up, guidance, training and review of work for all accountants. Manages facility operations. Assists in managing the annual audit, 990 and annual budget. Performs special projects as needed.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job-related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned.
· Prepare accounting transactions as required to maintain the general ledger. Includes journal entries, transaction processing, invoicing and monthly reconciliations.
· Ensure proper classification, coding and functionalization of transactions.
· Manage grant and foundations portfolio. Duties include:
Collaborating with development team, provide information for proposals, reallocation requests and no cost extensions.
Prepare proposal budget.
Ensure grant document files are complete for audit.
Prepare detailed monthly budget in collaboration with development and program teams.
Record revenue or pledge; prepare cost allocations and ensure transactions are properly recorded.
Prepare grant financial statements monthly, analyze and make adjusting entries
as needed. Provide ad hoc and financial reports as needed.
· Compile and analyze monthly operating financial statements, annual financial statements and other ad hoc reports as needed.
· Perform Treasury Management functions. Monitor cash balances, cash inflows and outflows. Transfer funds between accounts as needed.
· Manage payroll and 401k process including submission to payroll provider, transfer of funds and recording journal entries. Lead year end 1099 and W-2 process.
· Participate in operating budget preparation and upload reviewed, approved budgets into accounting system. Monitor budget to actual operations performance, monthly.
· Prepare work papers and schedules for external auditors, as required. Assist with providing additional information to external auditors as requested by supervisor.
· Prepare and process corporate filings.
· Assist with preparation of 990.
· Review accounting transactions and reconciliations prepared by accountants and assists in managing their work flow and deadlines.
· Manage facility operations.
· Provide back up, guidance, training and review to other accounting staff, as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
preparation, budgets, analysis and supervision of staff.
FUNCTION: The Finance Manager is responsible for assigned accounting/finance functions. Provides back up, guidance, training and review of work for all accountants. Manages facility operations. Assists in managing the annual audit, 990 and…
Competitive salary and benefits
Competitive salary and benefits
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 5, 2020. Be certain to include Finance Manager in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter including salary expectations to email@example.com no later than March 5, 2020. Be certain to include Finance Manager in…