Marketing & Communications Associate at Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine
- Job posted by Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine
142 Free Street
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Marketing & Communications Associate is responsible for the design and delivery of the multi-faceted marketing and public relations efforts of the Museum & Theatre. Marketing & Communications Associate is responsible for ensuring that all marketing and public relations efforts are of high quality and synchronized with both the mission and brand of the Children’s Museum & Theatre of Maine.
· Deliver an annual strategic marketing and communications plan that serves both current and potential users
· Externally & internally promote CMTM visitation (admission), membership, fundraising events, facility rental options, performances, programs, school relations, camps, and other special activities
· Develop and implement strategies for use of advertising funds
· Create the design, copy, and layout of promotional materials
· Develop and implement a strategic email and social media communications plan
· Keep all website content -- written and visual -- up-do-date and vibrant
· Effectively use multiple social media platforms to promote CMTM’s mission and create a vibrant community supporting children and families
· Create, maintain, and update email contact lists
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
· Participate in annual self-evaluation and review
· College degree in field related to marketing and communications preferred
· Successful work experience in field
· Team player
· Excellent communicator with strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong visual sense
· Careful attention to detail
· Successful use of technology for design and communication
· Proven success in project management
· HTML proficiency and adobe creative suite design skills strongly preferred
· Passion for mission and vision of the Children’s Museum & Theatre of Maine
Hours & Benefits
This position is full time. Hours are generally Monday-Friday 9:15-5:15pm.
The Children’s Museum & Theatre of Maine is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Position includes a package of benefits with flexible options.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit the following materials:
Completed Museum & Theatre Employment Application
At least two graphic design samples in PDF format. For website projects, submit URL.
Attn: Jeff Kline, Associate Director
Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine
142 Free Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Complete application materials may also be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit www.kitetails.org.