55 M ST SE
Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world class curricula for PK-12, seeks an experienced Junior Systems Administrator to join our dynamic, dedicated team. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
The uncompromising curriculum from Great Minds assumes that every child is capable of greatness. We bring teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™, and PhD Science™, all give school teachers what they need to take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.
Reporting to the Sr. Salesforce Systems Administrator, the Jr. Systems Administrator is responsible for assisting in administration of Intacct, Salesforce, SQL Server, and SQL Report Server. This includes system configuration, (maintenance, system enhancements/upgrades, etc.), creation of reports and dashboards (in Salesforce and SSRS), documentation, end-user training on system basics, and ensuring data integrity. This role collaborates with functional leaders to identify, document, and test changes and enhancements to meet business requirements in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional technical, analytical and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization. We are seeking a self-starter, with a bias towards action, who can recognize and make process improvement recommendations. You will identify new and creative opportunities to leverage Intacct and Salesforce to support additional business processes or functions. SQL reporting skills will be used to create key departmental reporting needs, automate manual data collection, and manage the data mart library. You will also be self-motivated, team-oriented and passionate about technology and bringing a mindset of continuous improvement to the business operations. This is a cross-functional role that will support our rapidly-growing team, including Sales, Marketing, Finance and senior leadership.
- Responsible for the delegated tasks of user maintenance, documentation, testing, configuration, enhancements, and end-user support of the Salesforce platform.
- Configure and maintain custom objects, record types, fields, page layouts, formulas, data validation rules, custom workflows, approval processes, installed packages, etc. within Salesforce.com.
- Develop complex SQL reports with SSRS to fulfill departmental needs and maintain delivery schedule
- Manage data imports, database de-duping and cleanup via Salesforce data loader or SSIS.
- Identify production risks and areas for improvement; prioritizes, designs and facilitates successful implementation and adoption of new processes.
- Support the Business Operations team in cross-functional projects and strategic changes to systems and processes.
- Collaborate with Finance and Accounting, Sales Ops, Customer Success Team, Purchase Order Validation team and other business stakeholders to drive high levels of data integrity and operational reliability of our standardized business analytics, tools and processes.
- Develop and implement training for end-users. Create and maintain all training materials and guides for workflows related to Intacct and Salesforce business applications.
- Experience in developing and maintaining SQL based reporting via SSRS
- Experience with data loading and manipulation in SQL via SSIS
- Experience with Salesforce administration tasks as mentioned in the above responsibilities
- Experience with Agile and Sprint bases working.
- Salesforce Certification or proof of working towards in via Trailhead
- Prior experience supporting a user base of at least 50 users.
- Background creating and interpreting operational metrics and reports.
- Familiarity with relational databases and related concepts.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Outstanding listening, analytical, organizational and time management skills. Ability to dig into data, surface actionable insights and demonstrates sound judgement and decision-making skills. A problem-solver at heart.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Demonstrates a high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, with a customer service mentality.
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally, self-driven, motivated, and able to work under pressure.
- Able to drive a project from conception to completion, not just execute on an existing plan.
- Strong understanding of data structures and data modeling.
Candidate must be able to work during Eastern Standard Time hours, regardless of physical location.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
Minimum Education Required