The mission of Upham’s Corner Health Committee, Inc. d/b/a Upham’s Corner Health Center / Upham’s Elder Service Plan / Upham’s Home Health Care is to provide expert, compassionate care to children and adults. Our Core Values are: Compassion and respect – For those in our care and for one another.
ABOUT OUR OPENING:
We are currently seeking a detail oriented and bi-lingual Benefits Assistant. The ideal candidate for this position must be fluent in English and Spanish, Portuguese and/or Cape Verdean Creole as this is a strict requirement for this role. The Benefits Assistant assists our patients who do not have Health Insurance coverage and the underinsured to enroll in appropriate health programs to cover their health care costs and prescription medication needs.
- Assist patients apply for State Health Insurance program by assessing eligibility and assisting with the application process.
- Provide education and answer questions for enrolled Mass Health members as required regarding benefit coverage and managed care procedures.
- Re-enroll patients in appropriate programs, including assisting Mass Health members with the redetermination process and the completion of related forms.
- Perform other duties as required by the position or as assigned by supervisor. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties and / or responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties and responsibilities are subject to change due to business needs at any time with or without previous notice.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or its equivalent (GED); completion of some college level courses or degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a direct customer service role.
- Must be bi-lingual in English and Spanish, Portuguese and / or Cape Verdean Creole.
- Must understand and be able to explain all the enrollment requirements for each Mass Health program available.
- Ability to speak; read and write proficiently in the English language.
- Ability to use the computer proficiently including general typing and working knowledge of Microsoft Suite products such as: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Great organization skills and detail oriented.
Upham’s Corner Health Committee, Inc. offers a highly competitive benefit packet for eligible staff. Benefits currently available include Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans, 403B retirement plan with a generous employer contribution, 12 Holidays paid, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Assistance Program, and much more.
Upham’s Corner Health Committee, Inc. is an organization committed to providing high quality, low cost, culturally sensitive, community-based health and social services to the residents of North Dorchester and adjacent neighborhoods. We believe that Upham’s Corner Health Committee provides a dynamic work environment in which to grow and be challenged.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Upham’s Corner Health Committee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, ancestry, military service, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, or other category protected by law.
Minimum Education Required