District of Columbia
TITLE: Part-Time Administrative and Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
ORGANIZATION: Access Youth is a non-profit organization that provides at-risk youth with access to the skills, resources and support they need to stay in school and out of the criminal justice system. We are committed to curbing the school-to-prison pipeline through mediation and restorative-justice-based early interventions at three points: when students exhibit truancy, when students’ in-school behavior puts them at risk for suspension, and when they are arrested for first-time, low-level offenses.
PURPOSE: The position is responsible for providing administrative and communications support, including office, document and calendar management; assistance with fundraising and donor management; event support; communications and social media coordination; website updates; and grant/proposal assistance. This position will begin as a part-time hourly position (roughly 20 hours per week), with the possibility of eventually becoming a full-time, salaried position, depending on performance and funding. The hourly rate for this position is $25 to $35 an hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position is based in Access Youth’s administrative office in Washington, DC. Duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed in any particular order of significance:
● Manage incoming mail, phone calls, and voicemail;
● Manage physical and electronic document files;
● Manage Executive Director’s calendar and schedule;
● Coordinating logistics of events by partnering with committee members: research and support sponsorship strategy, determine décor, manage invitation production, RSVPs, entertainment, etc.
● Assisting with preparing and writing of grant documents (foundations and government) including letters of inquiry, proposals, reports and contracts.
● Manage and Network for Good database including gift entry and acknowledgements;
● Create and publish social media posts across multiple platforms;
● Maintain mailing lists and create email newsletters in Constant Contact;
● Supporting individual donor cultivation and engagement through assisting with direct mail appeal processes, gift processing and acknowledgment, data integrity maintenance, running internal reports, and creating and implementing strategies to keep donors engaged.
● Working with the Executive Director and the Board fundraising committee to implement individual donor cultivation and engagement strategies and to garner corporate and other private sponsorships
● Draft marketing and fundraising materials as needed;
● Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
● Strong oral and written communication skills;
● Experience in using social media to promote a professional organization;
● Experience in maintaining Wordpress website;
● Experience in using a CRM (Network for Good experience beneficial) and email management software (Constant Contact);
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
● Effective communication and interpersonal skills
● Self-directed and able to work independently
● Organized, detail-oriented and resourceful
● Flexible, adaptable and responsive
● Experience in an office setting and performing administrative tasks
● Skilled in professional communications, orally, in writing and in social media
● Experienced and skilled in using key computer/digital applications for professional purposes including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Email Marketing programs, nonprofit CRM, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
● Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to interact effectively with diverse group of officers, volunteers, staff, and clients
This position will involve significant flexibility in hours/schedule. Some teleworking will be permitted.
Access Youth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Access Youth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Minimum Education Required