1835 South Hope Street
Since 1972 St. Francis Center’s mission is to build better lives and neighborhoods for homeless and near homeless families and individuals in Greater Los Angeles in the manner of St. Francis of Assisi. St. Francis Center seeks an Outreach Program Assistant to provide individualized support to guests at our Outreach satellite site (within 2 miles from center). We are seeking a program team member who is persistent, empathetic, and possesses a great sense of diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
The Outreach Program Assistant provides personalized support and advocacy for families in need of emergency rental assistance and utilities assistance as well as any other SFC programs or services needed. The Outreach Program Assistant will report directly to the Programs Manager.
The position is part time, M-F 8am-12pm, and $15/hr.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide appropriate information and referral to Homeless and Family Well-Being Program recipients
2. Work at Outreach satellite site (within 2 miles from center).
3. Provide case management services and resources to individuals and families in need.
4. Maintain accurate and timely records of activities, case management notes, and services provided to each client.
5. Provided monthly reports and quarterly presentations to management and other groups as needed.
6. Schedule weekly meetings with families receiving rental and utilities assistance.
7. Develop and maintain relationships with clients, staff and local service providers, participate in community meetings, and serve as a representative of SFC at community events.
8. Coordinate with volunteers to assist with pantry donations.
9. Maintain spirit, philosophy, and objectives of the Center.
10. Other duties as assigned by the executive team to support the mission of SFC.
• Excellent active listening and crisis intervention skills with ability to exercise and model good judgment
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, including proficiency in balancing direct service responsibilities with effective record keeping
• Ability to work independently
• Strong administrative and research skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required
• All applicants are required to participate in background checks and fingerprinting
• Proof of valid CA Driver’s License, and adequate insurance
• Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English
The position may require: Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling 20 lbs
Level of Language Proficiency
Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.