The Program Director will be responsible for ensuring HopeWell’s mission, values and vision are the cornerstone of the site’s foster care and family support programming. The position will oversee the program’s operational and clinical services and inspire a culture of continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality. The director manages supervision of staff and may provide direct service to children and youth as needed. The director develops and maintains productive working relationships with public and private agency partners and participates in planning and carrying out program design and development as needed.
- Oversee existing site foster care and family support program models with high quality, person-centered services, while seeking to expand services as appropriate.
- Manage program to provide excellent care to children, foster parents, and families in ways that are aligned with all applicable agency and state regulatory and licensing standards, as well as legal and ethical principles that govern practice, in regards to services provided, record keeping, and data collection and management.
- Ensure the delivery of quality clinical programming utilizing a trauma-informed, evidence-based, best practice approach to child welfare casework.
- Oversee the recruitment and retention of foster parents, ensuring that effective orientation, training and family assessments produce competent and well-prepared foster families to meet the special needs of children and to work effectively with biological families.
- Oversee interviewing, hiring, training, and evaluation of all program staff. Ensure that staff are supervised consistent with work demands, agency expectations and licensing requirements.
- Ensure 24-hour on-call support. Provide backup crisis management support as needed.
- Monitor revenue and expenditures for all services rendered per agency policies. Ensure that accurate and prompt billing and payment for services rendered is achieved through monitoring and communication with referring agencies.
- Act as the program liaison to all funding sources, representing the agency at all relevant meetings.
- Develop strategic alliances with other service providers to ensure that children and families at HopeWell have excellent access to all needed services. Remain apprised of current trends, legislation, and practices in foster care and child welfare as a whole through networking and publications.
- Liaise with building landlord to manage building maintenance issues.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in DCF programs, specifically in foster care and family support. He or she will bring a unique skill set of clinical, business, and managerial expertise and will also possess:
- MSW, or equivalent degree in the Human Services; Clinical license or license eligible required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with increasing responsibilities in child and family services.
- A high degree of effective oral and written communications skills.
- Must possess considerable initiative, judgment, creativity, enthusiasm and leadership ability.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
- Strong staff management and interpersonal skills, with the ability to drive high levels of performance, engagement, and accountability.
- A demonstrated highly collaborative management style, as well as an ability to make timely but sound critical decisions.
- Ability to gather and use information and data to monitor program outcomes and manage workloads. Successful experience in strategic program development and implementation preferred.
- Extensive experience with various child welfare treatment models and strategies that use client-centered and trauma-informed approaches; knowledge of best practices in the field.
- Knowledge of state, community and agency resources.
- Computer skills sufficient to perform essential functions.
- Daily access to an automobile is required.
- A valid MA State Driver’s License.
- Remain current in all DCF required trainings.
- Clearing of background checks as required by state and federal law.
Minimum Education Required