Details: Negotiable (Contract)
We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, nationally accredited non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Today we have over 450 employees and provide more than 40 programs for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking a Contract Position to work in the Kinship Program.
The Contract Position is responsible for completing SAFE assessments.
This position reports to the SAFE Supervisor, and/or Kinship Program Supervisor.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
· Complete SAFE Assessment; meet with potential kinship caregivers, complete intensive assessment questionnaires, write assessment summaries.
· Travel required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
· Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in the Human Sciences, Child Care or a related field.
· Certification in SAFE Assessment writing.
· Minimum four (4) years of related experience in working with children and/or adolescents and families.
· Must have own transportation.
· Personal suitability is an important consideration.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit an application and resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote ‘Your last name, Your first name, SAFE Writer Contract’ in the subject line.