Program Director - Post Detention Accompaniment
- Job posted by Interfaith Community for Detained Immigrants
Details: Compensation is based on qualifications and experience.
Candidates from diverse faith and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
**NOTE** We will not consider applications without a cover letter.
Interfaith Community for Detained Immigrants provides spiritual care, accompaniment, and advocacy for people caught in the broken U.S. immigration system through the following: jail visitation, court watch, deportation ministry, unaccompanied children's ministry, post-detention accompaniment and the Marie Joseph House of Hospitality.
This position oversees the Post Detention Hotline and the Marie Joseph House of Hospitality. The Hotline is available to people upon release from immigration detention. Through the hotline people are assisted with immediate needs, accompaniment, and travel assistance to return home. The Marie Joseph House is a residential facility where we provide a caring and supportive environment for people who have no family in the US while they seek asylum or other immigration status relief and adjust to life in the US.
Currently we are accepting applications for the position of Program Director. This is an administrative human services position.
The Program Director supervises and supports the staff and volunteers of the Post Detention Accompaniment Hotline and the Marie Joseph House of Hospitality. This position reports to the Assistant Director of ICDI.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily functioning and culture of the Marie Joseph House of Hospitality and the Post Detention Hotline
- Supervise House Coordinators, Case Managers, and Live-in volunteers
- Cultivate and grow relationships with vendors and partners to ensure access to services
- With the Deputy Director, develop and implement a system to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of all staff
- Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements across all sites to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation, and goal setting for staff
- Participate in staff meetings and appropriate professional development
- Other duties as assigned
- MSW/BA Degree in Human Services, Social Work, or other related field
- Experience with residential programs
- Interfaith experience
- Conflict resolution / restorative justice training
- Pastoral care experience / skills
- Experience managing staff and overseeing case management
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully implementing innovative programs
- Strong project management skills
- Strength in managing, developing, and coaching individuals and teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to and passion for ICDI’s mission
- Bilingual (Spanish or other)
- Valid driver’s license and a car
Applications will be considered immediately and on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references.
We offer time off, professional development, and health insurance benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish, French, Arabic, or other.
Minimum Education Required