15315 Hwy. 71 West
Founded in 2005, the Hill Country Alliance (HCA) brings together an ever-expanding alliance of groups throughout a 17-county region of Central Texas with the long-term objective of preserving open spaces, water supply, water quality and the unique character of the Texas Hill Country. A regional non-profit organization, HCA focuses on Hill Country land, water, night skies, and community issues. Led by a highly involved, professionally and geographically diverse board of directors, HCA bridges traditional boundaries (e.g. urban-rural divides) through education and outreach, capacity building, gentle advocacy, and partnership development to ensure a healthy and vibrant Hill Country for future generations.
This position reports to the Executive Director of HCA. Approximately 75% of the position will be focused on development work, with the other 25% focused on communications and community engagement. Primary areas of emphasis include:
- Lead overall fundraising efforts focused in urban portions of the Hill Country region.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications and relationships with them.
- Develop and oversee the execution of a robust individual donor stewardship program, including content development, and program innovation, implementation and evaluation.
- Manage individual giving program, including design and implementation of new mid- level giving strategy and maintaining a mid-level donor portfolio, direct mail, monthly giving, event revenue, and Amplify Austin, among others.
- With Executive Director, identify pipeline of donors and board prospects through execution of a qualification process and analysis.
- Provide comprehensive oversight of donor database to ensure accurate data entry, donor movement tracking, gift processing, reporting and analysis.
- Manage donor database, track key relationships, and update relevant contacts.
- Management of key grants, including fulfilling annual reporting requirements, budget reviews and grantor relationships in conjunction with program staff.
- Assist in donor event planning including board-hosted HCA events, corporate sponsorship solicitation, development goal setting, and promotions.
- Take lead and set tone to continue to develop a culture of philanthropy with HCA board members and Development Committee to build development skills and cultivate donor relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Plan, manage and promote several annual events for education and outreach purposes and teambuilding.
- Use existing design templates to create graphically pleasing issue papers, event flyers, and other printed materials.
- Manage HCA’s web content, with regular updates to our homepage, news sections,upcoming events, and issue-oriented pages.
- Manage HCA’s social media brand through scheduled content on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Manage annual Hill Country photo contest, calendar design, printing, and production.
- Build and distribute regular Neighbor to Neighbor email newsletters.
- Maintain detailed website, social media, and database metrics reports.
- Prepare and distribute press releases and keep media contact list current with points of contact across all 17 counties.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS & PREFERRED EXPERTISE
- Strong commitment to mission and values of organization.
- Undergraduate degree required. At least 3 years’ relevant work experience in nonprofit development.
- Must be highly motivated, energetic, deadline-oriented and able to handle multiple priorities.
- Development and Annual Fund experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-starter, lots of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Position may include lifting of objects up to 40lbs and outdoor work.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and database management experience. InDesign, PhotoShop and WordPress a plus.
All candidates are asked to send their cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com and do not call HCA directly.
- Flexible 40-hour work week schedule. At times evening and weekend work will be necessary, time off may be taken in the week to balance a 40-hour schedule.
- Two weeks paid vacation, all major holidays paid time off.
- HCA offices located in Bee Cave. Amazing Hill Country experiences and a network of support in the form of HCA Board of Directors, Advisory Board, donors and partner organizations.
- Contribution to retirement plan after 6 months employment.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Group health insurance or stipend after 1 month employment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required