45 Wadsworth Avenue
Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation (NMIC) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization founded in 1979 that has grown into a leading multi-service agency with over 100 staff serving New York City with a focus on upper Manhattan and the Bronx. Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for positive change in the lives of the people in our community on their paths to secure and prosperous futures. Integration is the cornerstone of NMIC’s programs, and our staff can identify and address a broad array of immediate needs through comprehensive crisis intervention services. With their crises resolved, clients move seamlessly to capacity building services through our holistic programs designed to transition individuals and families to self sufficiency.
- Our Legal Services, Social Services, and Weatherization programs meet community members’ basic needs including housing, income, nutrition and health.
- Our Community Organizing program empowers groups of residents to collectively secure longer term and larger scale improvements to their own basic needs.
- Our Education & Career Services program imparts individual community members with the practical tools necessary to build secure and prosperous futures.
Job Title: Office Clerk (TEMPORARY)
Department: Education & Career Services
Reports To: Deputy Director, Education & Career Services Department
Adult Education Program Manager
Location: Main Office: 45 Wadsworth Avenue, NY, NY 10033
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a temporary, full-time position in the Education & Career Services Department. This role is primarily responsible for greeting people and directing traffic within the department, responding to inquiries about programming, entering client records into a database, and assisting with intake and follow-up testing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet candidates and interested parties inquiring about programming in the Education & Career Services Department and link them with appropriate staff members.
- Provide information about programs, including eligibility requirements and intake procedures.
- Answer phones and provide callers with information or transfer them to appropriate staff member.
- Distribute and collect paperwork from program applicants and direct them to intake testing.
- Enter basic applicant data into database and administer language screening to applicants interested in ESOL classes.
- Assist programs during periods of high recruitment by reaching out to applicants, scheduling intake appointments and confirming orientation attendance.
- Create new applicant records, file paperwork, make copies, and assist programs with other administrative activities.
- Review applicants’ paperwork for completion and accuracy and administer ESOL intake test (BestPlus 2.0).
- Record intake scores and case notes in database.
- Liaise with program staff to determine students missing post-tests, reach out to students missing post-tests and schedule appointments for testing.
- Administer department-wide TABE intake testing.
- Maintain monthly student tracking form and submit to program manager.
Additional related responsibilities may be assigned.
- AA and a minimum of one year of experience (equivalent experience will be considered in place of educational requirements)
- Bilingual English/Spanish REQUIRED
- Strong customer service skills, able to work with a diverse population
- Superb attention to detail and work accuracy
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Data entry experience a plus
NMIC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
NMIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply for employment. Applicants must meet the minimum requirements in terms of qualifications. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered unless specifically stated otherwise.
NMIC offers a competitive salary based on experience and education as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance; paid time off including 20 vacation days, 15 sick days, 5 personal days, and 12 agency holidays; a 401k with agency contribution; and other benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit the following to Sara Chapman, Director, Education & Career Services Department, at email@example.com with the job title in the subject line:
· Cover letter
All attachments should be in Word or PDF form. No phone calls, please.