80 Pine Street
Reporting directly to the Data Manager, the Data Associate, Systems & Technology will be part of a team that supports and improves the work of E4E staff members. The Data Associate will be responsible for general Salesforce administration and supporting the integration of Salesforce with external systems. As a vital part of the National Operations Team, the Data Associate will ensure that E4E can effectively store and access relevant data. The core of the data team's work is maintaining our database (Salesforce) of members, donors, and stakeholders. The team is responsible for its maintenance, providing general support to those using it, the drafting and dissemination of training materials regarding its use, the integration and development of systems that augment it, and the analysis of information drawn from it.
The ideal candidate understands the critical role data plays in achieving E4E’s mission on behalf of teachers and students, and strives to ensure the success of all members of the organization. The Data Associate will work closely with other members of the Data Team to ease access to, and the use of, Salesforce and related systems. Across the organization, all team members will rely on the Data Associate’s expertise to ensure they have the information they need to maximize the impact of their work with teachers.
- Assist in the development of data-related standard operating procedures and guidance
- Work with national team members to understand and address the challenges and needs of E4E chapters
- Work with national and chapter team members to ensure alignment of data-related terminology and practices
- Stay informed of the latest updates to Salesforce and other systems to understand and evaluate their impact on our work
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of data, including cleansing and duplicate record management
- Design and maintain user roles, security, profiles, and workflows rules
- Maintain and support custom objects, fields, and applications
- Maintaining and supporting standardized reporting, including supporting the data team with report design
- Manage technical resources, including ensuring the data manual is kept up-to-date
- Work with other members of the data team to troubleshoot major issues
- Assist in the development of new data tools and systems
- Assist in integrating external systems with Salesforce
- Acquire, process, and import data from external sources
- Manage external vendor relations
- 1-2 years of experience in database administration, technical support, or a related field
- Experience effectively working with a team and managing laterally
- A love for solving problems and learning new things
- A dedication to building a culture of accountability and feedback
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize requests
- The capability to effectively communicate with non-technical audiences
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Basic programming experience (e.g. Java, PHP, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Database experience (e.g. Salesforce, SQL, etc.)
- Professional experience teaching or performing technical trainings
Moreover, all E4E staff demonstrate our Core Values:
- Respect and Professionalism: We act with personal responsibility, respect, and commitment to high quality work, to our organization and to each other
- Solutions Orientation: We consistently approach even the most complex challenges with positivity, proactive solutions, and the assumption of best intentions
- Growth Mindset: We intentionally create opportunities to develop ourselves and others in order to learn and continuously improve
- Dynamic Leadership: We courageously take ownership, empower others, set bold visions, think strategically, and adapt to change
- Diversity and Inclusiveness: Educational inequity is linked to race, power, and privilege, and so we take action to shift this paradigm by reflecting on our own identities, creating an inclusive and diverse community, and leveraging our differences as strengths
Educators for Excellence believes in providing employees with benefits to support self-care, wellness, and financial stability. We value the whole person and provide benefits such as; paid time off, health insurance plans, competitive salaries that include pre-tax benefits, and cell phone reimbursements. See more information about our benefits here.
Educators for Excellence is an equal opportunity employer. We predominantly partner with low-income communities of color. Therefore, though race and other legally protected characteristics are never used to make final hiring decisions, we place a particular focus on recruiting staff members who share the backgrounds of the communities we serve.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications can be addressed to Chris Harrison, Data Manager, and should include a resume and a cover letter. Please ensure that all materials address relevant experience and your understanding of how this position connects to the overall mission of E4E.