Details: : $18 per hour; 18-21 hours per week from November through March
New York Cares
Every year, through New York Cares, nearly 65,000 people volunteer to help improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of fellow New Yorkers. Our volunteers provide essential services to improve education, meet immediate needs, and revitalize the city’s public spaces.
New York Cares prides itself on a culture of excellence, defined by integrity, reliability and professionalism. We have been awarded The New York Times Nonprofit Excellence Award, which recognizes outstanding management practices, and the Peter F. Drucker Award for Nonprofit Innovation. The NonProfit Times, Crain’s New York, The Princeton Review and The Wall Street Journal have all recognized New York Cares as a top-notch employer.
Reporting to the Officer, Volunteer Relations, the Volunteer Relations Seasonal Associate will oversee the day-to-day communications with New York Cares volunteers to ensure that they receive exemplary customer service.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Manage the New York Cares email helpdesk (email@example.com), answering emails in a timely manner, providing information about New York Cares, developing and sharing suitable referral information and tracking all correspondence
· Manage the volunteer hotline, answering calls and assisting volunteers with account creation, project sign-up, and other general requests
· Provide technical support to volunteers on the use of the New York Cares website
· Prepare letters of service for volunteers
· Support volunteer recruitment efforts through online postings and communications
· Maintain updated volunteer referral information
· Update the volunteer database with address changes, mailing preferences etc.
· Other duties as assigned.
· One year of relevant professional experience
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; Spanish language fluency a plus
· Skilled in and comfortable with public speaking
· Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and to set priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Strong administrative skills and problem-solving skills
· Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Working knowledge of Salesforce a plus
· Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders
· The willingness to work beyond traditional working hours and schedules, including some evenings and weekends
· Event planning experience a plus
· Good sense of humor
· Commitment to volunteerism
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line. New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Peace Corps & AmeriCorps alumni are encouraged to apply.