Temporary Communications Coordinator
- Job posted by Neighborhood Preservation Coalition of New York State
126 State Street
The Neighborhood Preservation Coalition of New York State, Inc. (NPCNYS) is a statewide membership organization of community-based, not-for-profit housing companies and other interested parties committed to revitalizing New York State’s urban and suburban areas. The Coalition provides information on state and federal housing policies, networking opportunities, advocacy services and technical assistance to its members.
The Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director to plan and coordinate the NPCNYS annual conference, which will take place in October. The Coordinator will also provide support for Neighborhood Preservation and Revitalization Week.
The selected candidate will be an effective communicator, well-organized, an outcomes-driven. An ability to think creatively and independently is valued. The ability to work on Thursday October 18 is a must!
- Work with the Executive Director in aligning campaign-specific public relations and member relations strategies and communications
- Assist the Executive Director with annual conference planning and coordination and general event logistics
- Special needs/requests
- Distribute public relations and conference event information and materials to appropriate networks pre and post-conference
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
- Gather data to support policy and program issues
- Light administrative duties as assigned
This is a 3-month position. Approximate dates: July 16 - October 25; 18-20 hours/week
Benefits are not available for this position.
Minimum Education Required