42-09 28th Street
Long Island City
The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Primary Care Information Project (PCIP), a bureau within the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), is devoted to improving population health by supporting and promoting primary care for all New Yorkers. The mission of PCIP’s Quality Improvement Program (‘QIP’) is to work with primary care professionals to implement systems that support the prevention and management of chronic conditions.
The Team Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of Quality Improvement (QI) team activities, which entail working with the Senior Director and eight Team Managers on agenda setting, presentations, and follow-up of team wide activities. The Coordinator will assist the team in completing administrative and programmatic activities. The Coordinator will complete quality assurance and disseminate reports that summarize program activities.
There is a potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirements, including NYC residency.
- Plan meetings and activities to support current programs in collaboration with the Senior Director and QI Management Team
- Monitor team deliverables on various internal initiatives
- Prepare documents for grant reporting
- Support Senior Director and Team Managers with projects as assigned
- Develop and maintain the overall QI Team communication strategy; build and maintain mutually supportive relationships with all levels of management, staff, and external partners
- Review and evaluate requests for information, dissemination, and follow-up; increase efficiencies by making recommendations regarding team policies and procedures
- Respond to and organize training, meeting, and presentation requests made by team members and internal/external partners
- Coordinate bimonthly team meetings including creating agendas, distributing minutes to attendees, and ensuring follow-through on action items
- Participate in quality assurance reviews to ensure data quality according to defined protocols including gathering information regarding issues, addressing them independently when appropriate, escalating as needed, and succinctly summarizing important information and decision points for the QI Management Team
- Utilize effective communication strategies to share updates on program information with team members and internal/external partners
- Collect data and provide analysis for special projects
- Evaluate staff’s service delivery with participating providers and summarize for QI Management Team
- Research and summarize literature to inform quality improvement best practices as needed
- Draft and proofread correspondence, reports, and other documents
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in health, health education, biological or social sciences
- Experience in supporting a dynamic team in a fast paced environment
- Interest in public health/health care
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills: MS office
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience and education.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send resume, with cover letter, including salary requested and how your experience relates to this position, to email@example.com indicating “Team Coordinator and your name” in the subject line.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.