700 Professional Drive
The Humane Society of The United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization is seeking a Gift Processing Supervisor for the Advancement Operations department. The main responsibility of this position is to provide direct supervision to gift processing clerks and have oversight for Batch Approval, managing the lockbox, and the sustainer processes for the organization and its affiliates to ensure donor data and financial transactions are accurate.
This position will be responsible for:
- Supervising a team of gift processing clerks and ensuring that the responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct reports are defined and understood;
- Maintaining an understanding of all fundraising programs and nonprofit accounting requirements; approving batches entered by the team, ensuring accuracy to be able to meet the financial requirements of the organization and communicating any changes or issues with processing, to staff;
- Managing lockbox vendor instructions and coordinating with internal staff on new fundraising program implementation, such that data is recorded to the proper databases to facilitate reporting and decision making;
- Overseeing and maintaining of the sustainer processes and providing monthly reports as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in accounting with a focus on database process management required;
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience required;
- Must have proficiency with QuickBooks, MS Excel and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems;
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills; strong organizational skills to be able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, along with strong attention to detail;
- Must be able to work additional hours during peak periods.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
Minimum Education Required