District of Columbia
About Young Invincibles:
Young Invincibles (“YI”) is a non-profit working to expand opportunity for young Americans ages 18 to 34 and amplify the voice of our generation in the national political conversation. Founded by and for young adults in the summer of 2009 during the debate over health care reform, YI has quickly grown into a leading voice for young people on the issues health care, higher education and employment. The organization has achieved major successes in areas ranging from the regulation of college health plans to Pell grants, and has successfully engaged hundreds of thousands of young adults online, through a network of over 100 partner organizations.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the 360 degree process around foundation fundraising and other development activities in support of the Sr. Director of Development. Specifically, the Development Coordinator will help manage national work plans with the Sr. Director of Development, regional work plans with Regional Directors, grant proposal and reporting process, as well as providing support and other work as needed.
- Work with Sr. Director of Development and Regional Directors to track development plans.
- Train and support Program Directors on usage of our development systems.
- Draft and edit concept papers, LOIs, proposals, and reports.
- Research and monitor foundations and individuals, including philanthropy news and
- Prepare updates for funders.
- Support Sr. Director to facilitate fundraising trainings for staff, young advocates, and
- Track and manage back end databases to ensure our systems (CRM, grants calendar,
- document storage) are up to date.
- Coordinate with Operations & Finance department on different grant deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Strong organizational and task management skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Familiarity and interest in nonprofit development, fundraising, and/or operations
- Experience with common computer programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Salesforce, google suite)
- and comfort with picking up new programs as needed.
Young Invincibles is an equal employment opportunity employer and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. Young Invincibles does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, medical condition including genetic characteristics, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, (including transgender status), weight, height, linguistic characteristics (such as accent and limited English proficiency, where not substantially job-related), citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email resume and cover letter with the subject line “Development Coordinator” to email@example.com and include in your cover letter where you saw job announcement.