11739 Victory Blvd
CLIFFORD BEERS HOUSING
Clifford Beers Housing develops permanent supportive housing for the most vulnerable. Our commitment is to create thoughtfully designed, affordable and integrated communities to enhance the lives of individuals and families who have experienced mental illness and homelessness.
CBH offers a comprehensive benefits package including a 403(b), medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans as well as vacation, sick, personal, and holiday time off.
Clifford Beers Housing seeks a full time Administrative Assistant with excellent administrative and clerical skills to support the housing development, asset management and marketing teams. The Administrative Assistant position plays a key role in ensuring effective and efficient office operations. These activities will be conducted and primarily supervised under the direction of the Office Manager, but will also work with the Housing Development Director, and Grants & Communications Manager. This position is intended to be an entry position into the organization, with the hope that the Administrative Assistant could grow into other positions within the organization in the future.
An undergraduate degree in business, public administration or a related area or relevant experience in the field. Experience in the non-profit industry is highly desired.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
· Provide administrative support to the Housing Development Director, including but not limited to preparing binders for housing development applications and other administrative support to the housing development team as necessary
· Maintain electronic and paper filing systems
· Assist Office Manager in maintaining the operation of CBH offices and administrative functions of the organization, including managing vendors on behalf of the office
· Assist the Communications Manager in planning events such as ground breakings, grand openings, and fund raising events
· Ability to appropriately handle confidential, sensitive and proprietary information
· Proficient typing skills; thorough knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
· Excellent grammar, editing and proofreading skills to complete and correct correspondence and reports
· Ability to represent the company in written, telephone and personal interaction with business partners and the public
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Take responsibility for moving tasks forward while seeking support when appropriate
· Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands and meet deadlines
· Ability to work professionally and effectively in team collaborations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Email resume and cover letter to Haley Compean at HCompean@CBHousing.org
Minimum Education Required