Housing Forward-MA is a recently formed non-profit organization dedicated to providing research and data to the public and policymakers on the impacts of affordable, workforce housing in Massachusetts.
Housing Forward-MA will provide data-based training, education, and model policy proposals to support pro-affordable and workforce housing policies across the state. As the organization prepares to expand we are looking for a full-time Policy & Outreach Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A proactive communications or political organizing professional who is passionate about advancing a progressive, pro-affordable, workforce housing agenda in Massachusetts.
- Someone who has had experience working in public policy and/or politics in Massachusetts.
- Will be experienced in website content development, emerging and social media, and public speaking.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional interpersonal style, strong organizational skills, and flexible work style approach.
The Policy & Outreach Coordinator, reporting to the Executive Director, will be expected to:
- Develop and promote a strong organizational presence on social and digital media.
- Serve as liaison and build relationships with key personnel in other organizations, community leaders, government officials, and others. Maintain regular communications as pertinent to ongoing HFMA initiatives.
- Create and standardize marketing communications processes and materials to ensure consistency.
- Regularly update the organization's webpage, maintaining a full library of HFMA policy documents and communications.
- Plan and organize regular training and educational seminars.
- Maintain an updated database of partner individuals and organizations.
- Work with the executive director to track relevant policy proposals at the state and local levels.
- Work with the executive director to identify and connect with thought leaders, elected officials, and policymakers across the state.
- Work with the executive director to identify and connect with potential donors.
- Support the executive director in day to day administration and operations of the organization.
If you are interested in learning more or joining Housing Forward-MA in this important work please send a resume and cover letter to Josh Zakim, Josh@HousingForwardMA.org
Title and salary are negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Housing Forward-MA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position.