NeedyMeds is a national non-profit that connects people to programs that will help them afford their medications and other healthcare costs. We have a team of researchers working daily finding programs and updating information on Prescription Assistance Programs (PAPs), Medication Coupons, Co-Pays & Rebates, Free/Low-cost Clinics, Diagnosis-Based Programs, Camps & Scholarships for specific diagnoses, and much more. We also have a 7-person call center, and a growing content team. In addition to our primary website – NeedyMeds.org – we also maintain a handful of other information-based websites and their social media channels.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to join our team. This employee would schedule content across all of our social media platforms, develop campaign strategies, analyze data and trends to improve performance, and run paid campaigns across channels as requested. We are seeking a strategic thinker, passionate storyteller, content creator, and skilled communicator to lead and grow our social channels. Along with content written in a consistent manner reflecting the voice of NeedyMeds, a deep understanding of social voice, tone, style and creative is important as our audience is different than a for-profit sales-oriented organization. This role requires a detailed understanding of content management tools, analytics and social technology as well as all popular social media platforms. This employee will be expected to learn all that our organization offers and work directly with staff members from every department.
- Launch, grow and manage channels ensuring milestones are set and met for NeedyMeds and our projects.
- Conceive, implement and measure social marketing campaigns on a daily basis across all relevant channels.
- Collect, analyze, and use data from platforms to direct change.
- Create and execute a monthly social media content calendar, updating as content is planned and published.
- Grow our audience through all social media platforms.
- Stay up-to-date on new Social Media platforms and trends.
- Develop and launch paid social campaigns across various platforms as directed.
- Minimum 1 year of social media marketing campaign management, editorial, content creation and distribution required (brand or agency).
- Proficiency in Email Marketing Platforms – Constant Contact, Meltwater etc.
- General knowledge of SEO.
- Relevant experience determining a target audience and how to cater to unique social media content and campaigns to capture audience attention.
- Demonstrated proficiency in proofreading and editing materials.
- Exemplary photography, video, and copywriting skills.
- Proficiency in Image/Photo editing - Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Canva, etc.
- Experience with creating video, photo, and written content.
- Proficiency using content management software – Hootsuite, Sprinklr etc.
- Energy, and enthusiasm for social media. Detailed knowledge and expertise around all social platforms.
- Able to work independently without close supervision and with others
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills with thorough attention to detail.
- Expert in developing social marketing strategies, paid and organic, that are native to individual channels and demonstrate tangible ROI.
- Expert understanding of how non-profit organizations should participate in social media in an authentic way.
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- We value the work environment and strive to make ours one of trust, respect, cooperation, support, and equality. We value every employee and their contributions to our success.
- Our office is located in Gloucester, with the expectation that after the pandemic this employee will be working in the office. Until then some work can be done remotely, however we expect the employee to make regular visits to the office and do their initial training in the office. We have many COVID protections in place, including mandatory masks, plexiglass sneeze guards, limited staff etc. We exceed state requirements.
- Group and solo work.
NeedyMeds is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.