Health & Safety Stabilization Program Coordinator
- Job posted by Local Initiatives Support Corporation
LOCAL INITIATIVES SUPPORT CORPORATION
POSITION TITLE: Health and Safety Stabilization Program Recovery Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Health and Safety Stabilization Program Manager
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt / Full Time
PREFERRED LOCATION: Houston, Texas
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 38 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. These investments have leveraged more than $50 billion in development activity and helped families and communities raise their standards of living. LISC investments impact the lives of nearly 7 million Americans.
Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 32 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Our rural programs make an impact in 44 states, and are supported by LISC’s talented and dedicated workforce. Visit us at www.lisc.org
LISC seeks a professional to fill the position of Health and Safety Stabilization (HSS) Program Recovery Coordinator based in Houston, Texas. This position is currently funded for 24 months. This position reports to the HSS Program Manager.
Hurricane Harvey caused widespread damage in Houston and other urban and rural regions of southeast Texas, and will have long-term impacts. Thousands of people have been displaced and are in need of immediate housing and other resources that will aid their stabilization and recovery. Many of those people are in communities where Houston LISC partners already have a strong presence and infrastructure.
LISC and the American Red Cross have created a Health and Safety Stabilization Program that will rehabilitate up to 300 homes and bring them to a "safe and habitable” standard so that families may return home. The HSS Recovery Coordinator will help bring residents into the program, explain the program, verify eligibility, guide residents through the rehabilitation process and ensure they are connected to any needed social services. The Recovery Coordinator will be involved with all aspects of this construction program—working with local organizations, a construction management firm, LISC staff in Texas and New York and others. We also want to ensure that we share and document best practices and take advantage of peer to peer learning and support opportunities, as well as other collaboration opportunities in this critical work.
- Help develop an intake pipeline of residents and homes that are eligible for the HSS Program by working with case management agencies and partners.
- Verify eligibility of residents for the program (income, location, home ownership, etc.).
- Track follow-up and ensure that the intake and construction process are running smoothly; provide customer service to the affected residents.
- Respond to informal feedback and complaints, troubleshooting responses.
- In conjunction with the Program Manager and other staff, help manage program milestones and ensure that all funder deliverables and requirements are met, and that operations remain within budget.
- Help maintain the overall integrity of the program, ensuring a high level of quality control of pipeline intake, construction work scope deliverables, and customer satisfaction within the parameters of Program; Ensure efforts are sensitive to issues of equity and women/minority hiring and service goals.
- Help manage relationships with defined Houston LISC partners working on disaster recovery and resiliency efforts in the various Houston neighborhoods impacted by Hurricanes Harvey.
- Work closely with groups on the ground to identify programmatic and regulatory issues as they arise during the recovery effort, researching details and bringing them to the attention of the program manager, and helping develop strategies for resolving them.
- Assist in the organization and collection of data, its analysis and reporting to funders and other audiences, as related to rebuilding, and the use of funds for such efforts. Report patterns, lessons learned and challenges to National, Houston and Rural Leadership.
- Support the management and coordination of contracts with consultants, including for construction, construction management, health and environmental services as applicable; track quality control and timeliness of payments on an as needed basis.
- Assist with the coordination and integration recovery efforts with other LISC programs and policies, including Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives.
- Performs additional duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum three years professional experience with community development, affordable housing production and development, disaster recovery, policy issues, and/or case management. Construction management, recovery, resiliency, health and environmental experience a plus.
- Familiarity with impacted regions a plus.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with local partners and multiple teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel; experience with Salesforce and other complex computer programs a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of partners and staff to achieve success.
- Self-directed, independent worker who takes initiative and is interested in helping to create systems and processes to support this position.
- Capacity to simultaneously work, in an organized and independent way, on multiple tasks and set priorities for a challenging workload.
- Please send cover letter and resume via e-mail to:
- Heather Moore
- HSS Program Manager
- Subject Line: Houston Health and Safety Stabilization Recovery Coordinator
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Minimum Education Required