Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
deKoven House Community Center
27 Washington Street
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative assistance to the Executive Director and Development Director; and handles routine office and Foundation business, helping the Rockfall Foundation in its mission to support the environmental community in the Lower Connecticut River Valley. This is a salaried position (20-30 hours/week, non-exempt), based in Rockfall’s office in Middletown. Salary is commensurate with experience. Some local travel and evening/weekend hours will be required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in office manager capacity, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of and interest in environmental issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with computer applications and office systems (e.g., Excel, Word, Power Point, QuickBooks, Publisher, donor database systems)
- Proficiency with WordPress, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, and social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram)
- Associate’s degree or higher
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director and Development Director
- Provides Executive Director and Development Director with general administrative assistance
- Schedules Board and Committee meetings, assists with the preparation of meeting agendas and packets
- Attends Board meeting and prepares minutes; attends Committee meetings and prepares meeting reports as requested
- Provides general administrative staff support for all Committees
- Maintains all Foundation records
- Organizes a Monthly Tea to nurture the deKoven House community
Executive Director Support
- Manages The Rockfall Foundation’s day-to-day front office operations
- Manages room and office rentals including scheduling, contracts, agreements, set up, supplies, billing, and reporting as directed
- Receives, organizes, distributes, and documents all grant applications
- Creates and monitors grant contracts; tracks and receives grant reports
- Maintains grant files and spreadsheets
- Handles routine correspondence with grant applicants and potential applicants
- Provides staff support for all modes of communication
- Enters accounting and budget detail into QuickBooks and other financial documents
- Assists with preparation of account reconciliations for review by ED, and a Board member; prepares monthly cash flow, balance sheets, and profit/loss statements for Finance Committee
- Prepares vendor payments and The Rockfall Foundation payroll for approval by ED and TreasurerArranges for speakers/programs and venues as directed
Development Director Support
- Provides staff and scheduling support for development activities
- Manages and updates donor and other Foundation databases
- Documents and acknowledges gifts and donations, generates reports
- Provides staff support for marketing and promotion, including email mailings, social media, and other modes of communication
- Helps maintain website and communications platforms, including email newsletters and social media.
Benefits include paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation, as well as contributions to employee retirement plan after three years. Health insurance is not provided.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English is Required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to Tony Marino at email@example.com, with “Administrative Assistant Application” in the subject field.