Details: Commensurate with experience.
1055 Washington Boulevard
Mill River Park Collaborative, provides the leadership and resources for the creation and maintenance of Mill River Park in Stamford, CT. The Collaborative is a public/private partnership of government, corporate and community interests who are committed to not only building an inviting and exciting park and greenway, but also assuring its’ enduring success.
Mill River Park is being built in phases. In 2006 we completed Mill River Playground with the help of 1,500 community volunteers. In 2009 we completed the River Restoration. In 2013, we completed Phase 1, the 12-acre central section of the park. In 2017, we opened an enclosed 4-season carousel pavilion. There are also plans for a seasonal skating center, fountain and park building, along with three additional geographic areas of the park to be built.
Mill River Park Collaborative is seeking a talented fund raising professional to join its development team to help manage and expand the organization’s foundation and corporate efforts,managing a portfolio of existing donors, capitalizing on opportunities to upgrade gifts, and developing new funding relationships throughthe cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of foundation grantors and corporate donors, with a goal of raising $300K+ annually. You will work in collaborative office environment with highly motivated staff who share a passion for people and nature, and who bring an entrepreneurial spirit to their non-profit work. The ideal candidate will have the ability to translate program strategy frameworks into compelling proposals and impact reports for institutional funders.
- Conduct prospect research to identify new corporate, foundation and government funding opportunities that align with the organization’s mission, initiatives, and programs. Provide guidance on best ways to market and approach donors and funders.
- Timely submission of well researched and well written grant applications, including writing, editing, proofing and preparing supporting documentation. Drafting solicitation and stewardship letters and materials for major institutional donors.
- Track and manage all proposal/reporting deadlines, submissions, and status updates within Altru. Inform relevant staff of awarded foundation grants or government contracts, deliverables, and reporting requirements and deadlines. Manage and draft acknowledgments when grants are awarded, and funding is received.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all current grant requirements, including all reporting requirements, and for putting together all material needed for new grant applications such as narratives, budgets and supporting materials. Ensure completion by specified deadlines of all required reports and applications. Provide staff and Board members with sufficient time to provide needed materials for reports and applications.
- Assist in institutional funder cultivation and stewardship, including the scheduling of meetings, preparation of compelling correspondence (briefings, presentations, etc.), and active participation in donor appreciation activities, site visits, and events.
- Work with the Director of Development and Director of Visitor Engagement on other public communications as needed including writing communications/cultivation materials for the annual fundraising event, major donor house parties, smaller events, and other diverse audiences.
- Maintain an accurate grants calendar, tracking grant deliverables and timelines.
- Participate in staff meetings and contribute to the overall growth and learning of the organization.
- Work on other special projects as time allows and as assigned by the Director of Development.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of grant writing and development experience
- Must be a strong writer with proven ability to develop high-level, compelling proposals. Ability to quickly synthesize complex ideas and align them with funder priorities.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including experience writing proposals, concept papers, reports, donor cultivation materials
- Strong research skills, preferably with funders, using tools such as the Foundation Center Directory
- Detail oriented with strong project management skills in planning, prioritizing, and coordinating multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Works well with people, and engenders trust and confidence from colleagues
- Must be flexible and open to changing needs and priorities.
- Experience and comfort with budgets and quantitative data is preferred.
- Excellent research, analytical, and communications skills.
- High level of confidence and ability to work independently as well as within a team structure; proven ability to work well with diverse groups of people in different departments and functions.
- Able to work independently and as a team member – “can do!” attitude
- Enthusiastic commitment to the goals and values of the organization
- Technology Skills: Altru, Google Suite and Microsoft Suite. Quickbooks a plus.
- Interest in parks, urban sustainability/ecology, environmental education/justice, and community driven arts programs.
- You are passionate, enthusiastic, and collaborative by nature
- You are mature, organized, and able to work on multiple projects with overlapping deadlines
- You are a skilled communicator and are inspired by mission-based work
- You have a great sense of humor – even when meeting tough deadlines
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume, work sample including letter of inquiry and a foundation or corporate grant (please disguise all confidential information) and salary requirement to email@example.com. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
The Mill River Park Collaborative is an equal opportunity employer and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.