Details: $16.25 per hour base pay •Additional $0.50 per hour for time worked between 12:00am-8:00am •Additional $0.50 per hour for weekends
2209 1st Avenue
The Floating Building Assistant is responsible for providing excellent customer service as well as monitoring and assisting with the safety and security of each building and our tenants. Most Plymouth buildings are staffed 7-days a week and some are staffed 24-hours a day. The Floating Building Assistant position is responsible for assisting the Building Manager in tenant management, enforcing building rules, performing janitorial tasks and building maintenance. In the absence of the Building Manager, the Floating Building Assistant is responsible for responding to and reporting tenant and building emergencies. The Floating Building Assistant maintains service-delivery based on the values inherent in Plymouth’s mission, the principles of cultural proficiency, the tenets of harm reduction and the ‘housing first’ philosophy.
The Floating Building Assistant position is not assigned to an individual Plymouth building, and will be assigned on either a short- or long-term basis at any of our properties, based on business/service needs. This is a unionized position represented by Local 8 of the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU). The Floating Building Assistant will be scheduled to work swing shifts or overnight shifts with the location adjusted depending on staffing needs at Plymouth’s properties.
Plymouth Housing Group is non-profit organization with 160+ employees and an annual operating budget of over $21 million. Our mission is to eliminate homelessness and stabilize homeless and very-low-income people in housing by preserving, developing, and operating safe, decent, affordable housing, and by providing opportunities for homeless and very-low-income people to improve their lives. Plymouth owns and operates 13 apartment buildings in the downtown Seattle corridor, providing permanent homes to over 1,000 people.
Location: Any Plymouth Housing Group building
Schedule: 5 swing shifts per week, 4:00pm - 12:00am
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
(Responsibilities, accountabilities, and competencies; may not include all duties of this job)
- Maintains order and a safe, sanitary living and work environment including offices, outside areas and grounds by conducting floor checks, perimeter checks and unit inspections.
- Maintains building security at all times by following building/staff safety and emergency procedures according to Plymouth policies.
- Monitors all areas of the building and systems with the use of security cameras and by regular checks of common areas to ensure tenant and building safety.
- Monitors building to ensure only authorized persons enter the building and all guests follow building rules and policies.
- Ensures the removal of unauthorized persons within Plymouth guidelines.
- Supports and assists tenants logging guests in and out of the database.
- Enforces Plymouth’s guest policies and procedures for guest approvals and guest management.
- Writes up Incident Reports as appropriate.
- Unlocks tenant door when tenant locked out.
- Supports and enforces building rules and responds to tenant complaints.
- Responds to building emergencies and takes action within Plymouth guidelines
- Contacts and/or coordinates 911, police, detox, fire department, and other service agencies and appropriate staff for assistance as needed according to Plymouth policies.
- Makes referrals to social service staff and Building Manager as appropriate.
- Completes work order requests as needed.
- Operates intercom system by communicating with tenant rooms when guests arrive.
Janitorial and Light Maintenance
- Clean common baths, showers and toilets.
- Clean windows in common areas.
- Cleans assigned common areas, including vacuuming carpets and mopping floors.
- Takes out trash and rotates dumpsters.
- Stocks paper products in bathrooms as necessary.
- Cleans building entry and sidewalks.
- Works with the building team to turnover vacant units, emptying units of rubbish and tenant belongings, cleaning surfaces, patching, painting, etc.
- Performs light landscaping.
- Assists with physical evictions.
- Unclogs and repairs toilets.
- Changes smoke detectors and lights as needed.
- Familiar with location of shut-offs (water, electrical, heat) and how to perform emergency shut-offs.
- Assists with periodic unit safety checks and inspections.
- Moves building and unit furniture.
- Ability to re-set elevator.
- Maintains various daily logs of building activities and building records in an electronic database.
- Collects rent according to the Plymouth policies and procedures.
- Answers phone and follows proper phone procedures.
- Familiar with documentation forms such as Incident Reports, Tenant Grievances and work orders.
- Distributes and posts flyers and notices.
- Facilitates access to building areas for contractors, repair and service representatives and vendors.
- Utilize computer systems to stay informed about shift locations as assigned by the Assistant Property Manager or Building Managers
- Attends mandatory meetings.
- Fulfills other duties as requested by the Building Manager, and/or the Assistant Property Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
(Any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience)
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Experience: Previous customer service experience required.
Other Qualifications: Must have personal skills to communicate effectively with tenants and the public, and maintain professional boundaries with tenants. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment. Must be able to read, write and understand English. Experienced with Microsoft Office applications Word and Outlook. Must be able to work efficiently and effectively with customized databases and technology, and conduct Internet research. Must be able to respond promptly to phone calls and emails.
Preferred Experience: Experience with diverse, low-income or special needs population. Experience in rule enforcement, including lease and building rules as well as Seattle Landlord Tenant law. Janitorial, light maintenance or security experience preferred. Previous employment in social services, supportive housing or mental health desired.
$16.25 per hour base pay
- Additional $0.50 per hour for time worked between 12:00am-8:00am
- Additional $0.50 per hour for weekends
Excellent benefits package - Medical/Vision/Dental, 403(B) Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Subsidized ORCA Card, Health Club Membership, Life and AD&D, Supplemental and Dependent Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Flexible Benefit Plan, and benefits for domestic partners who qualify. Details at https://plymouthcareers.silkroad.com/plymouthhousing/Home/Benefits.html.
Open until filled.
Plymouth Housing Group is committed to doing its work with compassion and respect for the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of all people and all cultures.
PLYMOUTH HOUSING GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. People of Color, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans Encouraged to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit an application online: https://plymouthcareers.silkroad.com/
Minimum Education Required