445 West 45th Street
Rosie’s Theater Kids
Rosie’s Theater Kids is an arts education organization, founded by Rosie O’Donnell and Lori Klinger in 2003. RTKids serves students who otherwise would not have the opportunity to experience theater, positively changing the trajectory of their lives by providing comprehensive classes in music, dance, and drama; thoughtful mentoring; and structured academic guidance. Through its in-school, after-school, and summer programming, RTKids reaches over 1500 New York City public school students annually.
RTKids Development Department is seeking an experienced grant writer and excellent communicator to fill the role of Grants Manager. The role supports the Development and fundraising efforts of Rosie's Theater Kids as a whole, but the primary work is researching and writing grants for foundation, corporate, and government funding.
• Lead all grant writing for public, private, corporate, and government funding opportunities, including but not limited to composing, editing, and final submission of proposals, application forms, letters of interest, reports, thank you notes, and correspondence
• Ongoing research and identification of potential institutional funding opportunities
• Co-Manage the Junior Initiative for young professionals ages 21-40
• Cultivate and steward existing and potential public, private, corporate, and government funding relationships in concert with the Director of Advancement
• Create and maintain up-to-date attachments for grant proposals, including but not limited to budgets and documents that display organizational/program statistics and facts
• Assist Director of Advancement and Artistic and Executive Director in composing internal and external communications, generating copy for published materials (including special event materials and an end of year appeal), and articles for website and other venues
• Assist with and/or attend site visits with clients and visitors
• Occasionally assist in maintenance of social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram), helping to generate regular and targeted content
• Maintain updated press kits, particularly press and media
• Attend training and enrichment seminars for professional development
• Manage donor database maintenance (Salesforce), maintaining comprehensive tracking notes regarding process with each proposal submission, recent drafts submitted, letters received, phone calls made, and monies received, as well as generating acknowledgments
• Assist in planning and execution of special events for donor cultivation and fundraising, attending regular Gala meetings, providing input, and acting as an additional contact for backstage, onstage, and house logistics
• Belief in the mission of the organization
• 3-5 years experience in grant writing and building relationships with institutional funders at a non-profit organization
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
• Superior verbal and writing skills
• Strong organizational skills, coupled with a strict attention to deadlines and instructions
• Excellent computer skills, particularly in Word, Excel, and Adobe, with Photoshop experience a plus
• Professional experience working with Customer Relations Management (CRM) software, Salesforce preferred
• Respect and love of children
• Ability to work with people of all ages, ethnicities, and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to both collaborate and work independently
• Knowledge and appreciation of the performing arts
• Professional appearance and demeanor, along with a healthy sense of humor
RTKids offers competitive compensation package, including generous benefits and paid time off. RTKids is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, uniformed service, protected activity (i.e., opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in proceedings covered by the anti-discrimination statutes) or any other characteristic protected by law. To this end, all employment-related decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis and in full compliance with federal, state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. RTKids also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request, or when made aware of such a need.
RTKids recognizes the value of diversity in the workplace generally, and at RTKids in particular. It is the policy of RTKids to encourage and promote the recruitment of women, people of color and other under-represented groups. The intent of this policy is to broaden the pool of applicants for all positions, entry level and advanced, so that people from under-represented groups are made aware that these opportunities exist and that the workplace at RTKids is welcoming and inclusive.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample (ideally a grant or other solicitation of funds) to Lori Klinger, email@example.com.
Level of Language Proficiency
English, knowledge of Spanish
Minimum Education Required