88 Broad Street, 8th floor
Senior Grant Portfolio Manager, Postsecondary State Policy
At JFF we believe that everyone deserves the education and training needed to pursue a career. For 35 years, JFF has created the programs, influenced the policy, worked with partners in the field—such as community-based organizations, government agencies, educators, employers, and funders—to make sure that needed support is available. Our services range from education to workforce development across the United States.
The Postsecondary State Policy (PSP) team provides a comprehensive suite of services to help key state actors create the policy conditions and statewide infrastructure needed for community colleges to implement evidence-based, institution-wide innovations. Led by JFF, the Postsecondary State Policy Network (PSPN) is a 17-state collaborative committed to advancing policies and practices that accelerate student completion and success in the labor market.
The PSP team also leads and creates the infrastructure for service delivery to the Student Success Center Network, comprised of 15 Student Success Centers (known as Centers for short) nationwide. Centers organize a state’s community colleges around common action to accelerate student persistence and completion. Centers build a collective approach to policy advocacy across their state’s community colleges so that resources are spent efficiently and reforms target as many students as possible earning postsecondary credentials.
We’re looking for a Senior Grant Portfolio Manager, Postsecondary State Policy with at least five years of experience in grant portfolio management or a related field that relies heavily on well-executed project management. This person will be oversee a system for developing, tracking, reporting on, and communicating the lifecycle of the portfolio of grants for the PSP team. The management of this efficient system will accelerate our production of high-quality deliverables in a consistent and timely way, monitoring and solving for dependencies both within and external to our team. This role isn’t a typical grant portfolio manager with a focus on writing grants and managing deadlines, but rather we seek an expert in project management systems for complex work, someone who is exceptional at building and maintaining funder relationships, and who has familiarity with budget management and liaising with a fiscal team.
We would love to chat if you are:
· Experienced in project management systems and engaging and motivating internal and external stakeholders to produce high-quality deliverables on time
· Advanced at fostering relationships with external stakeholders, particularly funders, and interested in doing so to advance the scale and impact of the PSP team’s work
· Familiar with budget management
· An empowered self-starter who thrives in a start-up-like environment that demands the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
We think our new Senior Grant Portfolio Manager will:
· Be able to present complex information to diverse audiences at the appropriate level of detail
· Possess advanced knowledge of Excel and knowledge of project management systems or software
· Be excited by managing multiple work streams simultaneously and skillful in their prioritization
· Be a collaborative member of the PSP team and represent our team’s work thoughtfully within JFF
Click here to review the full job description.
Then visit our careers page to apply with your resume and cover letter. (Please don’t forget the cover letter, we are excited to learn more about you!) Our team will review applicants, contact qualified candidates, and share more about the job.
This is an incredible time to join JFF, which celebrates 35 years this year and offers the best of an established and an entrepreneurial organization. Want to know more about life as a JFFer?
Some perks include:
- Tuition reimbursement & professional growth opportunities
- Retirement matching AND contribution
- Healthcare paid at 90%
- Commuter benefits
Thanks for your interest in JFF!
Jobs for the Future is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce: diverse candidates, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required