Since 1995, Futures and Options has empowered New York City's underserved youth to explore careers through career development and paid mentored internships. We reach out to teens at a formative time of their lives, guiding them to further their education and become contributing citizens. Our model program enables middle and high school students to gain much needed access to the economic mainstream, work‐readiness training, and support from caring adults. At the same time, businesses are connected to a pipeline of promising, motivated, and diverse young people. Together with our partners, we are building the workforce of tomorrow. Our career development programs make it possible for teens who face challenges in their lives to acquire the applied skills to successfully contribute to a global 21st‐century economy. Since our inception, Futures and Options has served more than 7,000 New York City teens and coordinated internships at more than 500 businesses in New York City, with more than 85% of all participants successfully completing their programs, graduating from high school, and pursuing higher education.
Development Manager Job Description
To support the next phase of our growth, Futures and Options is seeking an experienced development professional to oversee Futures and Options’ key corporate and individual fundraising strategies. The Development Manager’s responsibilities will include managing and executing existing events and campaigns, tracking gifts and generating fundraising reports, and developing new strategies to grow our donor network and generate revenue, ensuring a sustainable future for Futures and Options. The Development Manager will work closely with our Board of Directors, Executive Director, and Development team. He or she will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our growing organization’s future.
- Develop and execute initiatives to identify and cultivate new corporate and individual donors, as well as nurture relationships with current donors.
- Plan and direct Futures and Options signature gala, Dream Big – A Celebration of Opportunity and the Young Professionals Committee fundraiser, A Toast To Brighter Futures. Manage event calendars and all vendor relationships and contracts; oversee production of event collateral (invitation, sponsorship letters, signage, etc.); support the Board of Directors’ and Young Professionals Committee’s fundraising efforts; manage in-kind solicitation of raffle and silent auction items; track revenue and maintain event budget; recruit volunteers; manage day-of logistics; and, handle all post-event follow-up.
- Manage the annual appeal. Generate donor mailing lists, identify new prospects, draft direct mail and email solicitations, track gifts, and process acknowledgment letters.
- Work with Executive Director and Board of Directors to plan new fundraising events and campaigns, especially in the area of major gifts.
- Process and track gifts in donor database and generate acknowledgements.
- Supervise development team members; ensure consistency and continuity in messaging, and assist with development of communications plans to support fundraising efforts.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors Development Committee.
- Manage the Young Professionals Committee.
Competitive package offered including base salary plus commission based on achievement of targets.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with Development Manager as the subject line.
No phone calls. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Futures and Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer.