Accounts Receivable Specialist, Congregation Rodeph Sholom & Rodeph Sholom School
- Job posted by Congregation Rodeph Sholom & Rodeph Sholom School
Details: Generous and competitive salary.
7 West 83rd Street
Congregation Rodeph Sholom and Rodeph Sholom School are seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist (ARS) to join our busy team.
The ARS plays a key role in the Business Office and reports directly to the Accounting Manager. The role of the ARS is to ensure the accuracy of the Accounts Receivable records and that all Temple members and School families fulfil their financial obligation to both the Temple and the School in a timely manner. In addition, the ARS communicates directly with Temple members and school families regarding their accounts and therefore must be able to present the organization in the best possible light at all times. The ARS is responsible for ensuring that transactions in IMIS are billed to the correct account, in the correct time period using the correct product code in order to ensure the financial statements are presented correctly.
The ARS is also responsible for working directly with the Independent Auditors during the year end audit to ensure the audit is completed in the timeframe approved by the Boards of Trustees/Directors.
*Please note there will be additional responsibilities added to the role in the future.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Post payments in iMIS (Accounts Receivable software daily) and Smart Tuition (Tuition software) as provided by the Finance Assistant, Office Manager and credit card reports.
· Post properly approved adjustments in iMIS as requested by Temple and School personnel.
· Communicate with all iMIS users (that input billing information) and remind them that they need to post any outstanding transactions in iMIS before monthly statements are generated.
· Create billing batches in iMIS at the start of every month and post approved batches in iMIS at the end of every month.
· Monitor open credits and reach out to temple and school families to resolve those credits timely.
· Process Stock Memos received from the CFO.
· Work with other departments to ensure billing is complete.
· Process requests for refunds of credit balances; verifying appropriateness of refund amount. Work closely with A/P to ensure timely issuance of refund checks; making adjustments for bounced checks and posting refunds to accounts.
· Respond to all parent and member inquiries about their accounts in a polite and professional manner.
· Work closely with the RSS Finance Assistant and department staff to review new account setup and ensure information accuracy and proper coding.
· Collaborate with Temple and School Development Offices to ensure all records are accurate and complete.
· Assist with monthly closing including generating all credit card reports, reconciling all credit card transactions in iMIS to those reports, providing those reports to the Accounting Manager, and ensuring that all of the previous month’s batches have been posted, so the Accounting Manager can run the iMIS interface.
· Bill transactions in iMIS as necessary in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with organizational policies.
· Make corrections on tax letters and resend letters if requested.
· Generate monthly statements on or around the 15th of every month. Perform first review of those statements for accuracy and distribute those statements accordingly.
· Manage the Accounts Receivable Aging to ensure that proper steps are being taken to address aged receivables.
· Develop and implement Accounts Receivable policies and procedures to ensure adherence to origination guidelines and improve the efficiency of the AR process.
· Maintain high level of confidentiality concerning financial information.
· Ensure all AR processes and procedures are documented in the accounting manual and are updated as changes occur.
· Work with members on payment plans.
· Work with Independent Auditors to provide all requested information.
· Provide comprehensive cross-training to a team member to ensure your job can be fully re-performed when you are out of the office.
· Ensure that during your paid or other time off, another team member is aware of anything that may arise in your absence, so urgent matters can be handled appropriately.
· Any and all special projects and/or duties as assigned by your supervisor or members of Business Office management.
· Minimum of an Associate’s degree in accounting or related field required.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in processing Accounts Receivable.
· Superior customer service skills.
· Critical thinking skills.
· Excellent analytical skills, accuracy and careful attention to detail.
· Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to meet critical business deadlines.
· Must be a self-starter and enjoy working in a collaborative manner.
· Solid Microsoft Office skills required: Word, Excel and Outlook.
We offer medical, dental, vision, generous 403B match, subsidized gym membership, a significant number of days off (due to Jewish and non-secular holidays), free lunch (from Sept- June).
Level of Language Proficiency
Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Education Required