Social Worker - school-based position (Staten Island elementary school)
- Job posted by Partnership with Children
Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Partnership with Children works in New York City public schools most impacted by the effects of poverty and trauma, to provide critical social and emotional supports for the hardest-to-reach youth and to systematically build schools that are safe, successful and conducive to learning. Social Workers provide ongoing support to students, families and school community. Social Workers have an on-site Partnership with Children supervisor. Supervision hours count toward LCSW requirements.
- Provide individual counseling and case management
- Facilitate group counseling (individually or with co-facilitator)
- Collaborate with school administration and staff on needs of students, families and school community
- Integrate into and engage with school culture through development of positive relationships with school community
- Conduct home visits
- Support students and families in crisis
- May have opportunity to task supervise social work interns
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to demonstrating PWC’s organizational values of Collaboration, Continuous Learning, Going to Solution, Equity & Inclusion, and Passion
- New York State LMSW from an accredited school of social work
- At least one year’s experience in school setting, strong experience working with students and families preferred
- Work in fast-paced environment, flexible and can-do attitude
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and clearance by NYC Department of Education
- Full-time, occasional weeknight hours
- Year-round position (summer location and duties may vary)
Partnership with Children welcomes diversity in all its forms and believes that its mission can only be achieved when diversity is leveraged across all areas, including race, gender, gender expression, age, nationality and life experience. Partnership with Children is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team and strongly encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds. Partnership with Children provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.
All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 401k retirement plan, life insurance, and twenty days paid vacation per year.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Staten Island Social Worker” in the subject line and kindly let us know how you heard of this opportunity. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.