Accounts Payable Coordinator
Details: Based on skills and qualifications
Accounts Payable Coordinator
The West Side Federation For Senior and Supportive Housing, Inc. (WSFSSH) is a non-profit organization that has been providing affordable housing to seniors and others in need of supportive services for over 35 years. WSFSSH develops, owns, manages and provides supportive services in 24 buildings (in Harlem, Bronx and the West Side of Manhattan) serving over 1,800 individuals. WSFSSH specifically seeks to provide quality affordable housing and services to the elderly, homeless individuals, persons living with HIV/AIDS, individuals with mental illness, and others in need of supportive services that enable them to live independently within the community. WSFSSH is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Staff Accountant -Accounts Payable (A/P) will directly report to the A/P Supervisor and work closely with other accounting staff. S/he is responsible for day-to-day A/P activities, including invoice processing, payment processing, and vendor reconciliations. S/he will also provide assistance in special projects and duties assigned by the A/P Supervisor, the Controller, the Chief Financial Officer and other WSFSSH’s officers.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
· Process invoices and payments as assigned
· Update cash flow data with day-to-day payment information
· Assure proper recordkeeping , accurate coding and posting of all invoices including online direct payments
· Organize and maintain all A/P documentation including back-up documentation
· Reconcile periodically the statements from vendors with accounts payable aged reports
· Develop a working relationship with building managers and directors and assist with any accounts payable related issues
· Maintain vendor relationships and assist in resolving disputes/issues with vendors
· Prepare annual 1099’s
· Assist with year-end closing and annual year-end audits
· Perform special projects as needed
- 1-2 years of accounting related work experience
- Strong attention to detail as well as solid organization/time management skills
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be an enthusiastic, positive team player who is willing to help out and who works well with colleagues
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications & Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Familiarity with MIP (Sage MIP Fund Accounting) system would be an advantage
What are the benefits of working at WSFSSH?
- Medical, dental, long term disability and life insurance plans.
- Dental and life insurance plans.
- Generous amount of paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday time within a calendar year.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- 403b retirement plan.
- Tuition reimbursement
Minimum Education Required