Position: Content Lead
Reports to: Marketing Team Leader
Compensation: This is a full-time, exempt grade 5 position
Date Position Open: July 2018
The Content Lead is responsible for the development, distribution, and ongoing management of a variety of marketing content for target audiences and internal stakeholders, including news stories, blog posts, internal communications, public website updates, email campaigns and marketing initiatives. As a member of the Marketing team for one of the ten largest nonprofits in the U.S., this position will help us communicate the value of a Vanguard Charitable donor-advised fund.
- Help build brand awareness and generate leads by developing, re-purposing and distributing content which uniquely appeals to different external audiences in support of the marketing and communications strategy.
- Help engage and convert prospects into clients by developing, re-purposing and distributing content for internal stakeholders in support of the marketing and communications strategy. Ensures content is fresh, informative, and appealing to target audiences.
- May support any/all aspects of content development including, copywriting and graphic design, as well as content distribution, including updating the website and email templates.
- Works with key stakeholders through the content creation process, soliciting and incorporating feedback and content revisions into final, approved communications.
- Support marketing team to ensure business requests for marketing/communications support are met.
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues to implement web content and design updates through Vanguard Charitable’s content management system.
- Complete basic descriptive analysis to understand efficiency and effectiveness of communications; optimize content based on insights gathered from analytics in partnership with the Digital Strategist.
- Identify opportunities to leverage existing content in new ways to engage with Vanguard Charitable’s key audiences.
- Serves as liaison with external vendors and partners, including digital advertising agencies
- Keeps a pulse on competitive trends and news articles and shares with the broader team.
- Monitor charitable and financial nonprofit industry trends to ensure communication strategy is kept current and addresses timely topics.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience required
- Excellent and proven writing, editing, and content development skills.
- Basic graphic or web design skills; advanced knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite applications, or HTML/CSS is a plus
- Excellent communications skills, with proven ability to work with peers across a business
- Independent and collegial; proven problem solving and resourcefulness skills while ensuring processes are being followed and stakeholders are kept involved
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to learn a content management system; experience with Drupal a plus
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with CoSchedule a plus
Vanguard Charitable is not offering employment based sponsorship. Employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening.
Minimum Education Required