ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION: Advocates for Youth partners with young people and their adult allies to champion youth rights and build power to transform policies, programs and systems to achieve bodily autonomy and sexual health, rights and equity for all youth.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Executive Assistant works under the supervision of the organization’s President and assists the Management Team, composed of the President, the Executive Vice President, Senior Vice President of Finance and Administration, and the Vice President of Policy, Partnerships and Youth Organizing with their administrative tasks, calendars and meetings. In addition, the Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and manages Advocates' Board activity, which includes handling correspondence; attending Board and Committee meetings and writing minutes; scheduling regular meetings; planning and facilitating Board meetings by contracting with hotel vendors and coordinating with event staff; assembling all Board Meeting materials and editing content.
● Serve as the point of contact among the Management Team, employees, colleagues and other external partners, including the Board of Directors
● Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
● Manage executives’ calendars and set up meetings
● Make travel and accommodation arrangements
● Assist with meeting logistics
● Monitor and create monthly expense reports and bi-monthly timesheets for the Management Team
● Organize, coordinate and staff meetings of the Board of Directors, including biennial in-person meetings, executive committee meetings and meetings of the board’s other committees
● File and retrieve organizational records, documents, and reports
● Research and conduct data to prepare documents for review and presentation by the Management Team
● Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
● Open, sort and distribute incoming faxes, emails, letters and other correspondence
● Take minutes during meetings
● Process publications orders
● Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
● Organize and maintain records for the organization
● Provide general administrative support
● Other duties as assigned
● Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
● Excellent MS Office and Google Suite knowledge
● Outstanding organizational and time management skills, experience in setting priorities and balancing a diverse workload, and strong attention to detail
● Experience in event planning or the coordination of event logistics
● Familiarity with office gadgets and applications (e.g., e-calendars and copy machines)
● Excellent verbal and written communications skill
● Commitment to Advocates’ goals and mission
● Discretion and confidentiality
SALARY RANGE: $55,000 - $70,000 commensurate with experience
ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION: Advocates for Youth partners with young people and their adult allies to champion youth rights and build power to transform policies, programs and systems to achieve bodily autonomy and sexual health, rights…
HOURS: This is a full-time position (35 hours per week) and includes health/dental benefits, life and short- and long-term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and student loan pay-down benefit.
HOURS: This is a full-time position (35 hours per week) and includes health/dental benefits, life and short- and long-term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and student…
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume, two writing samples (no more than two pages each), current salary and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Executive Assistant and last name. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until May 30, 2021.
Advocates for Youth is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer and strongly encourages people of color and LGBTQ people to apply.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume, two writing samples (no more than two pages each), current salary and three references to email@example.com with subject line…