Charity Navigator applies data science, financial analysis, and managerial expertise to evaluate many of America’s largest nonprofit organizations on their financial and governance practices. Charity Navigator does not charge the organizations we evaluate, ensuring unbiased evaluations, nor does it charge the public for this trusted data. As a result, Charity Navigator, a 501 (c) (3) public charity itself, depends on support from individuals, corporations, and foundations that believe it provides a much-needed service to America's charitable givers.
The Associate Program Analyst will serve as a key member of our Program Team. Currently, we evaluate over 9,000 charities, in all 50 states, as well as many who operate internationally. We plan to significantly increase the breadth and depth of our charity evaluations over the next few years. This position teaches you how well-run nonprofit organizations work, to identify their areas of improvement, and to maximize your knowledge of a particular set of organizations. The Associate Program Analyst position offers excellent opportunities for a hard-working individual looking to learn about nonprofits organizations and expand his/her range of skills.
- Successfully complete Charity Navigator Analyst training
- Develop nonprofit accounting knowledge
- Complete evaluations of assigned charities
- Correspond (via telephone/email) with charity representatives and donors
- Quality control of charity evaluations and the Charity Navigator website
- Assist in the continuous improvement of our charity evaluations by analyzing and validating data.
- Collaborate with other team members with special projects
- Support other departments within the organization as needed
- A passion for the mission of Charity Navigator.
- Bachelor degree required.
- Public policy, nonprofit, economics, and/or accounting knowledge preferred.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Experience with Excel required.
- Familiarity with Tableau desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Office or Google Suite required.
- Ability to self-motivate as well as work as a member of a high performing team.
- Must adhere to Charity Navigator’s Values.
This is a non-exempt position and eligible for overtime. Salary is paid on a bi-weekly basis in accordance with Charity Navigator’s standard payroll practices for employees.
Benefits: You will be eligible for Charity Navigator’s standard benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off and holidays, and retirement savings.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through the link above.