Small Enterprise Foundation Rotational Graduate Programme
- Job posted by The Small Enterprise Foundation
Full Time Contract
No 8 First Avenue
No 8 First Avenue
The Small Enterprise Foundation (SEF) is not-for-profit, pro-poor microfinance institution that works towards the eradication of poverty by creating a supportive environment where credit and savings services foster sustainable income generation, job creation and social empowerment. SEF currently supports more than 170 000 micro-entrepreneurs across South Africa with microcredit, savings facilitation and training.
Overview of SEF Graduate Programme
SEF Graduate Programme is a 12 month training and development programme aimed at recent graduates with a commitment to the elimination of poverty and a passion for changing the world. During the Programme successful candidates will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience within the most famous South African Microfinance Organisation (MFI) and an internationally recognised organisation in the field of microfinance.
The aim of the programme is to enable young graduates to cover key roles and assume responsibility in the future of SEF. Personal and interpersonal skills will develop hand in hand with business skills. While learning different tasks and covering diverse responsibilities within the organisation, successful candidates will have the opportunity to relate with several positions within and outside the organisation. Also, the Graduate Programme will involve working both in the head office and in the rural areas where SEF operates. This experience will provide our graduates with a solid experience to ensure a flourishing career.
Structure of SEF Graduate Programme
Successful candidates will be in a 6 months rotational programme which will give them the opportunity to acquire hands-on experience in all the departments of the organisation. These include Operations, Administrations, Finance, Quality Assurance, Training, Human Resources, Research and Development, IT and Management Office.
During the second half of the Graduate Programme, the successful candidates will be assigned to one of the department, based on their personal interests and the organisation’s needs. This will assure relevant practical exposure to a specific department and allow the candidate to strengthen applicable and useful skills to cover future roles within the organisation.
Degree we consider:
Social Sciences, Business Administration, Economics, Bcom Honours, Statistics, Auditing, Human Resources and IT.
Ideal candidate profile:
· Strong academic record-average of 65% throughout the course
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Good analytical skills
· Ability to work in a team, as well as independently
· Advanced computer literacy-Microsoft Office Package
· The ability to prioritise and multi-task
· Self-confident and self-motivated
· Proven leadership skills and self-starter
· Applicant must be a South African citizen with a valid ID document
Non-South African citizen with a valid work permit and passport
How to apply:
· Applications open on the 1 March 2018 and closes on the 31 August 2018
· To apply, email your CV, cover letter and academic transcript to: HRmanager@sef.co.za
· People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
· No late or incomplete applications will be considered.
For further information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website: http://www.sef.co.za
Minimum Education Required