137 East 25th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY
Global Kids is seeking a talented and enthusiastic individual for its development team to assist with a range of activities related primarily to grants and some general development work. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Grants Coordinator is responsible for researching and writing letters of inquiry and grant proposals for private foundations, and corporate and government grants, meeting compliance requirements and deadlines for applications and reports. The Grants Coordinator will establish and cultivate relationships with grant makers as needed, as well as be an ambassador of the organization at public events. In addition, the Grants Coordinator provides administrative support for the Board of Directors. The Grants Coordinator is part of a four person Development team and also works collaboratively with members of the staff in all areas of the organization.
The Grants Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Conduct research to determine grant opportunities appropriate for the mission of the organization and to stay abreast of developments in the education field to inform proposals;
- Maintain a database of grant maker research results to include relevant focus areas, geographical focus, process, format, deadlines, likelihood, difficulty, similar grantees, dollar range, etc.;
- Create a strategy to ensure a minimum of grant proposals are written monthly.
- Work with the Director of Development to determine priority of grant proposals to be written;
- Work with program to secure information needed for grant proposals;
- Draft letters of inquiry and grant proposals according to the requirements of each specific grant maker;
- Review, edit and finalize each document for submission on a timely basis.
- Maintain accurate reporting as required by the grant maker;
- Coordinate with fiscal team on expenditure reporting and cash disbursal schedules;
- Report monthly of the status of grant proposals, dollar amount of requests made, funding received, reports due, and other issues related to each grant.
4. Relationship Building
- Establish and cultivate relationships with grant makers/program officers;
- Collaborate with program to maintain current statistics and information needed for grant applications;
5. Board Support
· Prepare the Board report
· Take minutes at quarterly Board meetings
· Update Board materials as needed
And other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of 3 years of fundraising experience required
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, coupled with a passion for writing
· Strong planning and organizational skills
· Self-starter with an ability to take initiative and manage multiple priorities
· Excellent judgment and sound decision-making capacity
· Ability to prioritize work assignments
· Ability to gather and synthesize data
· Open to trying new approaches to old problems
· Flexibility, adaptability, and creativity
· Willingness and ability to work as a team player within the specific department and wider organization
· Upbeat, positive, and personable
· Willing to work evenings and weekends as necessary
· Computer literacy (Word, Excel, database management, internet research)
· Interest in local and global issues, social justice, and youth empowerment a plus
Comprehensive Benefits package offered
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and sample of their writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words “Grants Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. We are unable to accept any phone, mail, or fax inquiries. Thank You!