Position Summary: The Junior Workup Coordinator works with the Workup and Follow Up teams. The Junior Coordinator is responsible for assisting Workup Coordinators in obtaining medical clearance documents from third-party providers as well as training, arranging, and coordinating traveling nurse visits for donors to receive injections in their homes prior to the stem cell donation.
- Set up physical exams at third-party providers such as urgent care centers for donors to have physical exams performed.
- Educate and train urgent care staff as needed to perform physical exams
- Obtain all physical exam documentation from third-party providers.
- Identify local medical facilities and home health agencies for donors and schedule nursing appointments at facilities and in the home
- Train medical facility nurses and home health agency nurses to ensure compliance with DKMS protocol
- Assist with the development of Standard Operating Procedures and policies around coordination with home health agencies
- Make recommendations for department improvements
- Ensure compliance with all standards, policies, procedures, and documentation requirements set by DBC, the NMDP, and the FDA
- Ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum of two years work experience in a healthcare setting, or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very proactive work ethic and the ability to diligently meet targets
- Must be detailed oriented, highly organized, and able to multitask efficiently
- Flexible, entrepreneurial spirit
- Proficiency in Windows and/or Mac OS, Word, Outlook, Excel, and internet searches required; foreign language desirable