The Regional Achievement Manager - STEM will build instructional staff capacity and elevate student achievement in humanities in the region, balancing consistency across Rocketship Public Schools with the unique needs of each school and region. The Regional Achievement Manager - STEM will work with the three Rocketship schools in the DC region.
This position is contingent on term-limited supplemental funding and will be reassessed annually.
- Work in partnership with cross functional teams to develop Rocketship resources, including but not limited to, unit and lesson plans, model videos, professional development, skill labs, and data analysis tools, and supplements to assessments
- Work in partnership with DC regional and national content teams to align and support curriculum and supplemental experiences for teachers and schools leaders
- Lead the execution of content focused development regionally for school leaders and teachers
- Coach schools in your portfolio in priority areas, such as STEM core lessons, math intervention, and corrective instruction
- Facilitate ongoing training, coaching, and professional development for school leaders and teachers to build the capacity and skills of instructional staff and school leaders
- Provide regular, in-person coaching and other support to school leaders as they conduct formal classroom observations, and provide feedback to teachers and school leaders
- Work in partnership with regional leaders and the national STEM team to provide additional professional development and coaching
- Data Driven Leadership and Planning:
- Assess the effectiveness of implementation of academic priorities and identify greatest instructional levers for student engagement growth, and proficiency. This includes supporting school leaders and building teacher capacity to analyze student data (e.g. MAP) to determine instructional response
- Closely monitor and report out on progress monitoring and data collection across all schools in the Washington D.C. region.
- Support timely and complete execution of regional and network assessments (i.e. MAP, PARCC, Cumulative and Interim Assessments)
- Maintain a close working relationship with other members of the Network Support Team (NeST—Rocketship’s centralized office that operates in support of its schools and regions), especially Achievement and Analytics teams to ensure alignment of expectations, deep knowledge of resources, and coordination of efforts
- Supplemental Responsibilities:
- Monitor regional state, district and authorizer accountability requirements related to academic achievement including communications with local agencies and coordination with school and network teams to ensure teams are informed about implications of requirements.
- Support the regional leaders in design, implementation and assessment, toward initiatives that improve student academic outcomes.
- At least 5 years of classroom teaching experience, with a demonstrated track record of excellent student achievement results
- At least 3 years of school leadership experience, with a demonstrated record of successfully managing adults towards achievement outcomes preferred.
- Content: Deep understanding of elementary instructional and pedagogical content in STEM
- Adult learning design: Experience designing strong and innovative professional development and adult learning opportunities at scale
- Collaboration: Exceptionally strong collaboration skills; able to listen, learn, and understand content across teams within the organization and integrate diverse perspectives into the work
- Influence: Ability to engage and invest diverse stakeholders across multiple teams without direct authority
- Facilitation: Ability to facilitate group and one on one programming that engages and inspires participants
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication
- Operational effectiveness: Prioritizes time and actions in alignment with organizational needs
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to ask the right questions to set direction
- Initiative: Ready to act and seize opportunities; drives personal growth and takes ownership over work
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and support for, Rocketship’s mission, vision, and educational model