Hope Floats Foundation is currently looking for a Managing Director/Administrator (Fully Remote). If you have strong leadership, fundraising and business development experience, and you’re looking for a meaningful leadership role, then Hope Floats wants to talk to you. This role may be filled remotely, allowing for personal flexibility and freedom. Help us transition Hope Floats Foundation to the next level as a nonprofit, and play a key role in saving the lives of children across the United States!
Hope Floats Foundation is a non-profit organization that funds scholarships for swimming for underprivileged children. Drowning is the leading cause of death in children under age 5 and the second leading cause of death in children under 14. With a unique nonprofit model, Hope Floats currently has over 200 swim and business partners across 31 states fundraising for scholarships for their local communities. This leader will play a critical role in overseeing Hope Floats’ day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate should demonstrate excellent communication and management skills, the ability to coach and train paid and volunteer staff and partners, and the strategic intuition to prioritize and delegate the many tasks and opportunities that arise. To learn more about Hope Floats, please visit us at: www.hopefloats.foundation and www.facebook.com/hopefloats.foundation.
- Develop and implement an annual fundraising plan to increase Hope Floats’ revenue, including grants, corporate sponsorships, and other funding opportunities.
- Secure gifts from private donors and corporate sponsors.
- Identify prospective donors and cultivate and maintain excellent long-term relationships with them via campaigns and other outreach initiatives.
- Devise and oversee a supporter acquisition and supporter journey plan, ensuring accurate and timely correspondence and acknowledgement at all stages of the donor journey, as well as thorough record-keeping.
- Maintain a CRM database.
- Manage the fundraising and development communications calendar, keeping our donors up to date on our activities.
- Analyze and produce reports of fundraising activities.
- Support and maintain relationships with Hope Floats’ swim and business partners, including support for fundraising on the grass roots and national levels.
- Develop and implement operational procedures to strengthen Hope Floats’ organization and financial foundation.
- Manage Hope Floats staff and volunteers; define roles/responsibilities, set and manage key performance indicators, provide coaching and constructive feedback.
- Create content and post on Hope Floats’ social media channels (currently Facebook and Instagram).
- Supervise Financial and Accounting function, including minor monthly data entry in QuickBooks. Working with outside agencies and the Bookkeeper and Treasurer, manage & report on Hope Floats’ accounts, tax filings, and other financial functions.
- Make minor updates to the Hope Floats website managed by SquareSpace. It is a simple user interface that can be easily learned by those comfortable with technology.
- Plan for Hope Floats’ vendor tables at National Swim Conferences (twice per year).
- Prepare reports and plan for Board of Director meetings.
- Supervise the maintenance of the Hope Floats files on the Hope Floats Google Drive.
- Working with outside legal contractors, supervise the administration and filing of any needed legal documents.
- Ensure that Hope Floats has measurable metrics for success across all programs.
- Attend all board and executive meetings and events.
- Travel will be required at least twice/year.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Previous experience as an Executive Director of a national or regional organization.
- Proven fundraising skills.
- Strong and focused leadership skills that will energize continued expansion on a national level as well as actively seek out and pursue opportunities that will create beneficial new partnerships.
- Strong sales and communication skills.
- Focused and goal-oriented.
- Comfort with working remotely on a small but growing team, with the ability to work well independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Experience managing a CRM database, managing records, and data analysis.
- Experience securing grants, including crafting and presenting funding proposals.
- A track record of cultivating relationships with potential and existing donors.
- Exceptional English communication skills, both verbal and written, demonstrating consistently high standards of accuracy and clarity in written work.
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of Hope Floats and passionate about diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Experience/interest in drowning prevention, swimming, and/or serving underprivileged children and families.
- Excellent strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; ability to manage an unpredictable workflow and flexibility to respond thoughtfully and quickly.
- Knowledge of project management, process development, budget management, negotiation.
- Experience developing forward looking communications, brand management, and marketing strategies.