Details: Non-exempt position at $20.20 per hour for a 40 hour work week
Jumpstart is a national early education organization that recruits and trains college students and community volunteers to work with preschool children in low-income neighborhoods. Through a research based curriculum, Jumpstart children develop the language and literacy skills they need to be ready for school, setting them on a path to close the achievement gap before it is too late. Join us to work toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed! Learn more at www.jstart.org.
The Program Coordinator ensures Jumpstart programs are fully compliant with various state, federal, and local requirements, and ensures operations of programs run smoothly. The role manages operational and administrative duties supporting a cohort of Jumpstart members, some of whom serve as part-time AmeriCorps members. This position is part of a national team but works locally.
The Program Coordinator reports directly to an Operations Manager and works closely with other Field Operations and Strategy staff throughout the network.
• Collect and enter data on children and Jumpstart members into appropriate databases, accurately and by iterated deadlines
• Run reports in various database systems to report data trends to local and national staff
• Provide logistical support for university-based programs
• Ensure collection of documentation for enrollment of Jumpstart members
• Prepare and maintain compliant member files
• Collaborate with Jumpstart’s Legal & Compliance and Research & Evaluation staff
· Develop and employ program materials management systems to ensure teams are equipped to lead high-quality programming in classrooms/communities
· Support Volunteer Managers and Quality Coaches to implement member trainings by providing preparatory and logistical support
· Support city-wide volunteer engagement in conjunction with Volunteer Coordinators
· Serve as the point person for program partners as it pertains to child assessment documents and member attendance log collection
· Manage data entry for Jumpstart’s internal systems, including child assessment
• Associate’s degree with at least 2 years of experience
• Proven ability to plan, implement, and manage projects at a high capacity in order to meet deadlines and standards
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to use tracking systems and databases
• Professional and positive manner
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, especially Excel, Word and Power Point
• Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: learning, connection, determination, joy and kindness
• Ability and willingness to travel to assigned locations/sites as necessary
• Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
Preferred or Ideal
• Bachelor’s degree
• Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work preferred
Approximately 25% local travel
Excellent benefits package, including health, dental, and vision plans; generous PTO and sick time; paid holidays; and a 401k plan with an employer match, along with a great work environment!
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete an online application. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.