Aperture is seeking a full time Executive Assistant to work directly with the Executive
Director and assist him with all aspects of his work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Representing the Executive Director in person and by phone, and handling inquiries
appropriately within the organization
• Supporting and handling, where necessary, Executive Director’s daily schedule, including
processing mail, email, voicemail, business appointments, travel arrangements, etc.
• Administering Executive Office, including preparing monthly expense reports,
maintaining digital and paper files, and managing database of contacts
• Providing support for Board of Trustees meetings, including announcements, taking
minutes at meetings, and compiling and circulating relevant materials
• Maintaining all related Trustee information and files
• Assisting with projects (editorial, sales, admin, and/or development), whether managing
them or assisting in a more limited capacity, as specified by the Executive Director
• Contributing to the smooth administration of the Aperture office
• Demonstrated interest and experience in an arts organization or publisher, ideally
involving work with photographers
• Bachelor’s Degree and associated work experience
• Detail oriented, with an ability to multitask and remain well organized under deadline
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work in team environment, with all levels of staff
• Ability to handle sensitive information with the utmost discretion, maturity and
• Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Experience with both Mac and PC platforms preferred
PTO, Health, Dental.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, using the following
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience
meet the qualifications of the position and how you heard about this opportunity,
to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the following conventions:
Subject line: Executive Assistant
Cover Letter: yourfirstname_yourlastname_coverletter.pdf
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. NO CALLS, PLEASE. Only applicants who
meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Aperture offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and
retirement plan coverage. Our staff also has generous vacation, sick leave, and personal
days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, and a stimulating and collegial work
Aperture seeks to build a diverse and inclusive workforce, and welcomes all applications
regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, cultural background, disability, age, or