Homes for the Homeless (HFH) is expanding rapidly to continue its mission of providing homeless families with opportunities and support to transition into permanent housing. HFH helps create lasting solutions for families experiencing homelessness through self-sufficiency planning, goal setting, and achievement. We invite you to visit our website, www.hfhnyc.org, to learn more about our facilities and programs.
Our Bronx residential facility for families with children seeks a Housing Specialist to assist residents in their search for permanent housing. Our ideal candidate is adept at finding opportunities, comfortable working at a quick pace, a great communicator, and compassionate about the needs of homeless families. This position reports to the Director of Family Services and collaborates with the Family Services team to support our mission to provide wraparound services for our clients.
· Manage a caseload of 44.
· Conduct housing intakes.
· Create an exit strategy by exploring the clients needs.
· Complete housing reports and maintain up-to-date progress notes.
· Meet weekly, monthly and quarterly move-out targets.
· Conducts monthly housing workshops with clients.
· Provide clients with housing referrals and leads.
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with DHS staff.
· Develop and cultivate relationships with brokers, agents, landlords and community agencies in order to gain housing leads.
· Schedule appointments for apartment viewings.
· Accompany clients to open houses, apartment viewings and lease signings.
· At least one year of relevant experience.
· Experience working with brokers and landlords.
· Ability to travel by public transportation to all 5 boroughs and outside of NYC.
· Bi-lingual a plus.
Excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, employer funded retirement benefits, life insurance, and ample vacation, holiday, personal and sick leave.
Click link to apply: http://bit.ly/HFHJobs
HFH has a strong EEO commitment and encourages applicants that will increase the diversity of our organization. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required