Details: Salary DOE
600 Montgomery Street
We are the San Francisco Art Studio Foundation (SFASF) - a 501(c)3 non-profit private foundation which provides financial and professional support to support and energize the careers of fine art artists in San Francisco. SFASF also is engaged on an ongoing basis in comprehensive dialogue about the full range of challenges faced by artists living and working in the San Francisco, as well as developing programmatic solutions that provide resources which activate creativity and other components of the visual arts ecosystem.
We seek to answer our Guiding Questions:
What can be done to retain San Francisco’s artistic talent?
What kind of support and community must we have to attract the most creative and innovative artists from around the world to San Francisco?
How can we transform San Francisco into the premiere city for the fine and contemporary arts?
SFASF has established a solid reputation in the San Francisco art community by awarding financial stipends to select artists from Bay area art programs. Current organizational goals for the upcoming year include the continued administration and expansion of SFASF’s Emerging Artist Award as well as the development of a discussion-based Salon Series, which will serve as a platform for thought leaders and experts of all disciplines to discuss and design solutions to the challenges of surviving as an artist in San Francisco.
We are in search of a full-time Administrative Assistant to support the growth of our operations. Candidate must be trustworthy, professional, punctual, organized, sophisticated and committed. Ideal candidates have professional administrative experience. Artistic and/or financial background a plus.
Responsibilities will include:
· Conducting research as directed relating to the art scene, arts policy, art market, etc., and creating records of results;
· Organizing and maintaining digital and physical records of organizational/financial/legal documentation and correspondence;
· Coordinating schedules of Staff and associated contacts;
· Drafting correspondence, creating presentations, and producing other SFASF-related documentation;
· Maintaining basic cleanliness and upkeep of offices;
· And other administrative tasks as requested.
This is a M-F, 9-5 job providing full dental, visual and medical benefits.
Anthem medical; Beam dental; VSP Vision
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send your resume, a cover letter, and responses (no more than one-page) to the following questions to email@example.com
1. What is your relationship to the arts?
2. How would you answer our Guiding Questions?
3. What are your long-term career/personal ambitions?